• Yeah, It's a great Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think its fine the way it is now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
but does that mean there is life on other planets?

does it prove that within our galaxy, or even the universe, all things are composed of the same elements?

if that is the case, then can we safely assume that there are no such metals and components that we see in sci-fi out there, because they defy the laws of physics?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That took a while, but I think it was pretty much inevitable.

if that is the case, then can we safely assume that there are no such metals and components that we see in sci-fi out there, because they defy the laws of physics?
I wouldn't call that a safe assumption by any stretch of the imagination. With nanotechnology just getting into full swing, I think we are going to start seeing major advances in the field of materials science. If you consider how far we got with the "lets put this metal in a fire and see what happens to it" approach to metallurgy, then it's far too early to discount a field that we are still learning to fully understand.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
but does that mean there is life on other planets?

does it prove that within our galaxy, or even the universe, all things are composed of the same elements?

They are always finding/creating new alloys, I wouldn't mind seeing something like a polymetamorphic titanium alloy. (Rise of the robots movie!)
We are yet to discover everything, In StarGate they had Naquada etc, Which could only be found on other planets, and even then it was rather rare.

I am strongly interested in the planet mars, and I do believe that it once had primitive life, before it lost its atmosphere.

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Once again... Mars is what the Earth used to look like.

There was never any life on Mars.

Everything, is slowly rotating into the Sun.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a lie and you know it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if you can say there has never been any form of life on Mars ever with 100% certainty, but if Mars were to ever move into Earth's position (As Synth said, the planets are slowly rotating inward, and Mars is farther out than Earth, giving it a chance to take over our orbit), there's always the chance that it could become the next Earth. We know water exists (or existed) on Mars outside of the ice caps, and where there is water, there is life. It's just a matter of finding it at this point.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
theres water and other 'life stuff' on triton and one of jupiters moons its not really a big deal.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A moon is not a planet, and that moon doesn't have water in it's atmosphere, probably because it's a moon.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
In the industry, we call that an OH SNAP!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A moon is not a planet, and that moon doesn't have water in it's atmosphere, probably because it's a moon.
You see thats where you are wrong. A moon is a miniature planet caught in the orbit of a bigger planet. Similar to Earth cyrcling round the sun. It can have its own atmosphere and its own life. Just because it cyrcles a planet and not directly the sun doesnt mean it has no atmospheric conditions (or water in this case). Triton os one of the closest things, discovered so far, to Earth in our solar system along with Mars and Venus.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

A moon is not a miniature planet. If that were true, asteroids would be miniature planets as well -_-.

We have yet to find a moon that remotely resembles Earth. Triton has what? A water-ammonia slurry? That hardly resembles Earth as it is now.

Titan is a different story:

The atmosphere of Titan has several layers of haze. It has a pressure at the surface of 1.6 times that of Earth, and is made up primarily of nitrogen, with about a 1% concentration of methane. The temperature on the surface is very cold, about -180 degrees Celsius. The atmosphere is extremely opaque because of thick smog that appears to result from sunlight interacting with hydrocarbons, much as smog forms on the Earth.
The clouds are probably composed of liquid nitrogen and methane drops, and it is speculated that Titan may be coverered with hydrocarbon lakes or oceans (specifically, methane and ethane). Although many of the organic chemicals thought to have been the precursors to life on Earth are present on Titan, it appears to be too cold for life as we know it to have evolved there.
But don't let that confuse you into thinking moons are tiny planets. To say all moons are "miniature planets" due to 1 or 2 planets, is the same as saying all people are retarded because I met 2 guys on the train who were retarded.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i think some people misinterperated what i said:

does this mean that all planets, in fact, all matter, is made of the same BASE ELEMENTS?

naqueda in stargate, was a new element, not an alloy, or mixture.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No. It means they found water in another planet's atmosphere (although it's generally accepted that all planets actually are made of the same base elements).

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh snap Confused Triton and Titan. Still whats the diference?

Moons have a core. So do planets. Some mons have heavy vulcanic activity. Again same as planets.

With your comparison. Humans have hair. You see a guy with no har by nature. Would you say hes not human. Just because moons cycrle round planets doesnt mean they are made diferently. They are made quite similarly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not the one who determines what makes a moon a moon and what makes a planet a planet. Arguing with me with get you nowhere. Go talk to the experts and ask them why a moon isn't a tiny planet, and why a planet isn't a big moon. I'm simply the messenger.

However, your example doesn't apply. What does a planet have that a moon is missing? Look it up.

Scientists are arguing over what's what to this very day. Just look at the whole Pluto debate.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Scientists are arguing over what's what to this very day. Just look at the whole Pluto debate.
Thats basically my point. Since moons and planets are generaly built the same way. We have only one identifier. And thats that moons cyrcle round plnets and not the sun. The rest is about the same.

Thats about the place i was getting at.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A planet explodes. The force of the explosion shoots billions of asteroids out into space. A large planet's gravitational pull picks up a particularly large asteroid. The asteroid can now be considered a satellite, a moon.

Is that asteroid a planet or a part of what was once a planet?

Hint: The asteroid isn't a planet.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A planet explodes. The force of the explosion shoots billions of asteroids out into space. A large planet's gravitational pull picks up a particularly large asteroid. The asteroid can now be considered a satellite, a moon.

Is that asteroid a planet or a part of what was once a planet?

Hint: The asteroid isn't a planet.
True. But the asteroid has no core. Taking Earths moon for instance. It has its own core.

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
How did this go from water being found on Jupiter, to arguing planet specifics?

All I'll say is maybe by the time we've migrated to Mars, the smaller size of the planet will motivate us to be more space-related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom