Water Effects

Best answers
Hey, i im following the visual progress of ESF and all the time i tought that the water effects play a very important factor to the visual of every game. With ESF cant be different!

This might be suggested before, but now your team have new coders, designers and stuff

There are alot of water effects to be done in a game but ESF already have some os then.
so, i will suggest two more effects:

1- Water Splash:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isXNkTiiAYQ[/ame]
Its a maya animation, so, ofcource, the ESFs one doesnt need to be that realistic. The effect must have the splash and the waves after the splash.

2- Flight and Beams Water Splash:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKcWZNjB45w[/ame] (10 sec of video)
this was the best video i find on youtube =/

so, if it can lag some computer, just turn it off.

sorry for my english

success!!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would look cool indeed but is it even possible on half-life?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite them looking pretty bad, you can create waves by inputting a command in console, or by using Hammer. I'm not sure if this command works with the new water shaders, though. As for the splashes, we have a pretty huge workload, and I'm not sure if that's something we can implement with the Goldsource engine.

Also, your English is fine. :)

Best answers
Despite them looking pretty bad, you can create waves by inputting a command in console, or by using Hammer. I'm not sure if this command works with the new water shaders, though. As for the splashes, we have a pretty huge workload, and I'm not sure if that's something we can implement with the Goldsource engine.

Also, your English is fine. :)
maybe after this workload is done! :)
the effect doent need to look soo realistic as i said before! i think the waterslpash can be done with effects like the team use in the aura..

thanx! im improving my english every day!

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I might have a idea that would look similar to the fight and beams horizontal water splash.
From what i saw in a video with ESF 1.3 you made the dust on the ground from powerups to appear when you shoot something (in the videos case, a spirit bomb). How about when you shoot a beam don't make the effect appear only at the tip of the beam as a round dust thing like at the spirit bomb but more like an arrow pointing forward. So when you shoot it above the water the FX will make it look like a horizontal water splash. :)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Water splashing like in the race rally video is very much possible in Goldsource. The problem it can lag the gameplay, if it's not implemented properly. *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom