Watchmen

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why he doesn't wear clothes is that it shows how little it thinks of itself as human.

Best answers
I really have nothing to add to this thread as I haven't seen the movie yet (though I intend to, it looks good), just wanted to say hi to MCC. Been a long time since you've posted here.
Oh hey what's up man? How are you doing? And yeah it has been a long time. When I logged in here yesterday, it told me my last log in date was February, 2008...so yeah.

Why stop there? Why not make him green and a martian? They tried to stay as true to the novel as they could. Had they not they'd have a bunch of die hard watchmen fans complaining "we want docs dong"
But honestly, out of all the things they supposedly changed (I wouldn't know, because I didn't know what Watchmen was :\), why not change the most ridiculous and obvious thing..? I mean, the whole time my friends and I were in there, everybody was laughing about how his **** was hanging out. In my opinion, I just feel like it made the movie a little less serious, but that's just me. I see what you're saying though, about die hard fans complaining about it. I just don't see why anyone would be mad about not having a blue **** in the movie. :\

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh hey what's up man? How are you doing? And yeah it has been a long time. When I logged in here yesterday, it told me my last log in date was February, 2008...so yeah.

But honestly, out of all the things they supposedly changed (I wouldn't know, because I didn't know what Watchmen was :\), why not change the most ridiculous and obvious thing..? I mean, the whole time my friends and I were in there, everybody was laughing about how his **** was hanging out. In my opinion, I just feel like it made the movie a little less serious, but that's just me. I see what you're saying though, about die hard fans complaining about it. I just don't see why anyone would be mad about not having a blue **** in the movie. :\
He did wear clothing, including a jock strap in Vietnam. It's an act. It's something he does for the sake of others. When he's alone or at home, he prefers to be in his natural state.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A little male nudity never hurt anyone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A little male nudity never hurt anyone.
And I mean little! actually he could probably make his the size of Florida, made out of jelly beans.

But really, making him nude just stresses how detached he considered himself to be from humans. Penises can be funny in context, but he was just nude is all. Nothing funny or ridiculous about that if you ask me. Clothes are a human entity, no other animal tried to cover up their genitalia, and since Dr. Manhattan did not consider himself human, it made sense.

I thought it was bold for them to depict that much frontal nudity, but even though I did not read the comic, taking out something like a little nudity for the sake of audience comfort would have done more bad than good, in terms of being a Watchmen film.

This is a stretch, but it's kind of like saying "Why didn't Raphael paint those baby angels with pants on?" (god, what are they called again Skiwan?)

Edit: Cherubs! That was it. I remembered.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What irked me about the moving ending (spoilers and all that) is if I were Russian, I'd blame the **** out of America.

Really, *****? You want to take credit for the birth of a superman, have him fight your wars, threaten us with his power and now that he's gone rogue you want to be peaceful and ****? Yeah. **** you.

The comic ending was so absurd, that it'd have actually worked. If everyone believed aliens were going to attack at any minute, we'd focus all of our energy on figuring out how to **** them up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The comic ending was so absurd, that it'd have actually worked. If everyone believed aliens were going to attack at any minute, we'd focus all of our energy on figuring out how to **** them up.
I actually think if that were to happen, the powers at be would eventually exploit this fear, whether they found the threat to be false or not.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What irked me about the moving ending (spoilers and all that) is if I were Russian, I'd blame the **** out of America.

Really, *****? You want to take credit for the birth of a superman, have him fight your wars, threaten us with his power and now that he's gone rogue you want to be peaceful and ****? Yeah. **** you.

Yeah because nothing screams invasion more then dead alien carcasses!
It's too absurd tbh.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I see a giant psychic space alien murdering millions of people around the world, I'd be screaming invasion. The comic did kinda have what? 4 trillion pages of dead bodies and **** strewn across NYC? Yeah, I'd take that **** seriously.

That said, they didn't have to go with squids and ****. They could have come up with a brand new type of alien. Anything extraterrestrial that couldn't be blamed on one of the superpowers could have worked.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well true, I'd be screaming invasion too, however the movie ending struck me as well.. more thought out for some reason.

It fits close to perfect.
Which is why I prefer it

I think, if the movie ending was done in comic style, it would of been epic..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't dislike the ending, but I didn't really feel the impact of what had happened. It was 2 seconds of CRACKABOOM and then a crater. No bodies. Just buildings. Rubble. Had they taken the time to show what peace had really cost them, i think it would have had more of an impact on the audience. Telling me people are dead is different than showing me millions of lifeless corpses.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't dislike the ending, but I didn't really feel the impact of what had happened. It was 2 seconds of CRACKABOOM and then a crater. No bodies. Just buildings. Rubble. Had they taken the time to show what peace had really cost them, i think it would have had more of an impact on the audience. Telling me people are dead is different than showing me millions of lifeless corpses.
Yup and that's the drawback of movies :(
Too much stuff, not enough time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or poor use of what little time they have. That sex scene didn't need to be that long. They didn't need to fight 400 convicts, nor should they have as they don't actually have powers. Little things like that. Take time away from the ridiculous and add it to scenes that are supposed to impact the viewers or evoke an emotional response.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea they really did draw out a lot of things. The first fight scene with Laurie and Dan didn't seem that long in the comic. And when Rorschach was caught he didn't fight back at all, he kinda just got his ass kicked. I think they should have focused some more on other things. Not that I don't like badass, slomo fight scenes, but they could have toned it down a bit more to get more stuff in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w"]Am I doin it rite?[/ame]

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might watch this movie, I've been hearing some good and bad things about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom