Watch the growth of Wal-Mart across America

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's like watching a virus spread through someone every hour, growing exponentially until it finally just shuts down all the systems in the body. We must kill the heart of Walmart.

Best answers
Watching that video was like playing Defcon all over again....

Seriously though, does anyone see the point in having 16 Walmarts in metropolitan Chicago?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not anything to marvel over, the same thing could be demonstrated about many other stores and things.

G
Watching that video was like playing Defcon all over again....

Seriously though, does anyone see the point in having 16 Walmarts in metropolitan Chicago?
Or even in Nevada?

Heh, Walmart's doomed when they go into competition with Tesco though. Tesco already thrashed their counterpart, Aldi, over here.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i love how one half of the us is entirely green and the other side is blotted green.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Word on the street is that Walmart isn't as rich as we'd like to believe. Apparently their paying for the products that they bought and sold three months ago with the products that their selling now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Word on the street is that Walmart isn't as rich as we'd like to believe. Apparently their paying for the products that they bought and sold three months ago with the products that their selling now.
Yeah. To keep walmart on its feet they treat their employee's like ****. They under pay women. They make budget cuts. They slice hours from people (like if you worked forty hours they pay you for 35 etc).

They do a lot of ****ty things. But hey, they're stuff is cheap so I don't care.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Against franchises?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, that isn't legal here either. The problem, of course, is if you're working at Wal-mart, and it's your main source of income, you probably don't have many opportunities. Do you risk complaining to a higher authority and possibly losing your job because of it, or do you take it up the ass in order to keep putting food on the table for your kids?

Bunch of issues with Wal-mart:

http://www.campusprogress.org/features/279/ten-things-wal-mart-doesnt-want-you-to-know

NYC won't allow Wal-mart to set up shop for a lot of those reasons. The City Council is also absolutely for small business owners, which would probably be left out to dry if Wal-mart sold everything for less than what other business could afford.

Will anything be done about Wal-mart? Probably not. Why? The Nix forbid you try to take away cheap prices from American consumers. The employees could live in shacks and sleep inside of garbage bags and no one would care as long as they could buy things for cheap. What they're doing is illegal, but what good are laws if they aren't enforced?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No, against this.
Yes it is illegal. But that didn't stop Wal Mart from doing it. They didn't think people would notice if they shave a few hours here and there. They've been sued for it before.

There was this convention in colorado once about these groups of peopel going to like 50 cities in the country protesting against Wal Mart for all the **** they do to people. I didn't go, but just the brochure alone I learned a lot.

:EDIT:

Sorry if i don't make much sense, or my sentences are ****ed up, I'm super tired right now =/

:DOUBLE EDIT"

Zeo posted it. Read that :x

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. Walmart employees aren't allowed to form unions or they face termination.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Do they still do it or did a slew of lawsuits change their work habits?
Honestly I don't know. I'm no expert on what Wal Mart does and does not do. I only know they did/do it from what I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom