Watch Code Geass!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how many of you keep up-to-date with anime, but I hope at least some of you got to see Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion last year. One of my favorite series of '06 and '07, along with Mushi-shi and Death Note.

Basic premise: An alternate history where the United States never declared independence and England ("Brittania" in the show) has greatly expanded, taking over around a third of the world. They invaded and conquered Japan, renaming it "Area 11" and forcing the Japanese to call themselves "elevens."

The main character, Lelouch, was a prince of Brittania. His mother, one of the King's many wives, was murdered and the King did nothing to stop it. Lelouch confronted the King and was laughed at, dismissed it, and Lelouch swore he would ultimately destroy Brittania.

Lelouch renounces his royal lineage and with his sister, lives in hiding in Area 11 as Brittanian students. One day he happens upon a traffic accident caused by Japanese terrorist groups, gets caught up in their pursuit by the Brittanian military, and something the terrorists were trying to steal from the military is set free, senses Lelouch's determination to destroy Brittania and makes a contract with him: in exchange for helping with a certain goal to be discussed later, you will be granted power.

Lelouch gains this power: Geass, the ability to give a single command that can't be refused, even if it's to kill themselves. Lelouch uses this power to exact revenge on Brittania and it goes from there.

------

Season 1 ended with episode 25 in '07. The new season is starting up April of this year. It is loosely "mecha," because of the robots the army uses; but it's much more about Lelouch's manipulation of politics and the Japanese than it is about selling robot toys. I highly, highly recommend the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
April? Damn, been waiting for quite some time. I started watching this anime without any expectations, but goddamn it turned out to be awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been meaning to, but I'm so ridiculously backed up on anime it's not even funny.

I have yet to finish:
Sky Girls
Minami-ke
Minami-ke Okawari
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Amaenaideyo Katsu
Kanon
Hayate no Gotoku
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig
Zero no Tsukaima
Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Muteki Kanban Musume
Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny
Wolf and Spice
Clannad
H2O

And a bunch of others that I can't even remember right now.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say finally it shows :p

Cant wait to see what happens in season 2 XD

BTW did anyone watching season 1 notice that Lelouch looks a tad like Kamui and Suzuku looks like Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say finally it shows :p

Cant wait to see what happens in season 2 XD

BTW did anyone watching season 1 notice that Lelouch looks a tad like Kamui and Suzuku looks like Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle?
I have noticed he looks like Syaoran. It's because CLAMP did the character designs for Code Geass (but nothing more, whereas CLAMP entirely did Tsubasa Chronicles).

Best answers
I'll have to pick this one up a bunch of people over at Menclave have been obsessing about it and now this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom