Warrior

Best answers
not bad at all,looks damn nice gotta say ^^

Best answers
the drawing is good but he feels flat... and by the way u tried to shade u didnt want that... the bone heads on the floor are a good touch

Best answers
The drawing is a bit sloppy and messy.
It does look a bit flat.
I think you should try drawing more softly, so it's easier to erase.
Also You might want to use a ruler or something to draw the sword straight.
Use references for body build, armor, etc.

Best answers

i like it, but the body could be a lil bit rounder for having a 3d effect....

Best answers
yeah you could do better, well i've seen you do better. But its not to shabby ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
I drew this pic of a warrior

Ew.. Burn that.. Read up on proportions, overshadowing, and sketching techniques..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Let's keep this a little more constructive, Furr. Less of the 'burn that' in future..

It's better than what I could achieve, DV. Just keep practising. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Furr said:
Ew.. Burn that.. Read up on proportions, overshadowing, and sketching techniques..
You're "Apparently hated here" due to these comments.

DV, another tip... if you want your work to be respected, don't go drawing it on the back of another drawing (scorpion?) As you know, drawing on something as fragile as paper leaves indents... soo... when you go to draw on the other side, it shows through. Yes, there was some truth to Furr's post... some of it... You need to read up on some anatomy. The shield looks off for some reason, like it is attached to the hip.. Keep going man.

Best answers
ya i ****ed up the pic as soon as i hit the sholders so i just rushed the rest it was past saving, but as for the scopian lol ya i forgot about that and was 2 lazy to start again but the burn it comment was no need for that and to be honest it has offended me due to it is a flame at my work as was no need for it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Furr said:
Furr, as Engar said, you should really consider people's self-esteem more when criticizing.
-

As for the drawing, it definately shows a lot of potential, and a knack for giving a sketch an actual theme.

Best answers
i hate flamers why not just give advise on what you think father then come out with pathitic comments like that, but what can you expcat from people like that, but keep up the good work bro your get there ;)

Bolteh2

B
Does your pencil weigh more than 20 pounds or something? Really, easy on the presure you put on your pencil, you damaged your paper there, making the erasing proces impossible to fully work..

There is absolutely no structure in your drawing, lose components put together, the character is missing attitude, anatomy, charisma, it's a flat, proportionless bag of lines that somewhat looks like a humanoid..

Lay down on the shading to.. Ofcourse, it's nice to have some accents of muscle and relief, but don't overdo it.. You don't have a lightsource in that drawing, you just added shadowlines where you think shadowlines could work, but you forgot the fact that a lightsource defines the shading, if the lightsouce is placed on the left, then all the highlighted areas on the body will be on the left, and all the shaded areas will be on the right..

Tips:
- Learn the basics of structure and anatomy, there are alot of great books out there, or if you don't want books, go out with lot's of paper and draw real life people (I always draw people on the train on the way to my girlfriend).
- Learn to control your pencil, you have to learn to control your presure, never, ever damage your paper.. Don't hold pencils like you hold pens, a pencil should be placed losely in your hand so you have full control of the presure you put on it..
- Grab a pumpkin, grab a spotlight (or anything else that focuses light on one area), place the pumpkin on a table, let the spotlight shine on your pumpkin, study the shading, recreate the shading on a piece of paper.

In the end, you have potential if you keep trying, follow these tips, there's alot more to drawing that just a pencil and a psheet of paper.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
ya i ****ed up the pic as soon as i hit the sholders so i just rushed the rest it was past saving, but as for the scopian lol ya i forgot about that and was 2 lazy to start again but the burn it comment was no need for that and to be honest it has offended me due to it is a flame at my work as was no need for it.
Oh crap.. Sorry mate.

Just read up on anatomy. Get some drawing books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom