Warp Drive....HO!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting article I came across the NASA website:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/research/warp/warpstat.html

So we won't be seeing for quite a bit, but at least we know it's in development, and they're taking it seriously. With a warp drive, traveling to that Super Earth would actually be possible.

We'd also have a means to escape the aliens that are coming to enslave mankind. You can learn about them in the VAULT area on the NASA website. May The Nix protect us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's always faster things than light, somewhere else, what we can't prove, but everybody knows that in mind.
It's useless to think about these things, since we won't never accomplish anything like this, although space and subjections to it, eg. time and paradoxes are always interesting topic..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes we will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I give this 100 years...maybe I'll still be alive too :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to Xeri:
No we will not.
A higher intelligence told me about that , tbh.
'They' also told me that they'll capture you in 2 years, and make their whore.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The higher intelligence is but another messenger of The Nix. I am The Nix's whore, and I do as I am told.

Best answers
There's always faster things than light, somewhere else, what we can't prove, but everybody knows that in mind.
It's useless to think about these things, since we won't never accomplish anything like this, although space and subjections to it, eg. time and paradoxses are always interesting topic..
I dont know, from what i understand from that article, they are pretty much saying that if you go faster than light, then the bond holding atoms together will break, thus making it impossible for you to go beyond the speed of light.

Is that right? Or am i a complete idiot?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We won't know until we try. Everything is theoretical.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My whore, bish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know, from what i understand from that article, they are pretty much saying that if you go faster than light, then the bond holding atoms together will break, thus making it impossible for you to go beyond the speed of light.

Is that right? Or am i a complete idiot?
There's no need to go at the speed of light. If we just go a bit slower, e.g. 299 999 km/sec, our atoms won't be ripped apart and still be damn fast xD

Not to mention the problems with time when going at the speed of light.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd much rather travel through wormholes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Less than a few decades? Not unless we're getting our technology from an outside source. I'm thinking maybe 60 or 70 years and we'll have a pretty awesome chance of getting out of our solar system, at the very least.

Of course that's my pessimistic view on the matter. I'm hoping humanity can get its **** together and expand outward long before then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xerimethius said:
Less than a few decades? Not unless we're getting our technology from an outside source. I'm thinking maybe 60 or 70 years and we'll have a pretty awesome chance of getting out of our solar system, at the very least.
But only a chance it is. There has still been no mention of how much energy this Warp drive will use, and how to get back to our solar system if we do, indeed, leave. Then again, there's always the possibility of lauching dogs in them and see if they find their way back......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no need to go at the speed of light. If we just go a bit slower, e.g. 299 999 km/sec, our atoms won't be ripped apart and still be damn fast xD

Not to mention the problems with time when going at the speed of light.
There'd still be the problem that you need infinite amounts of energy to accelerate something to that speed.

I don't believe we'll ever actually travel at near the speed of light.
But I'm quite sure we'll discover some tricks to travel gret distances, like bending space or wormholes.

Best answers
We could travel to other solar systems within a few years if every country worked together. Because then it would be like unlimited resources. But there's always someone mad at someone else about something isn't there?

Anyways I think that's pretty sweet that they're actually looking into it. I want to know if there's aliens. If there's anything that can unite all of the earth to work together then its aliens trying to kill us all. Like in the book "Ender's Game" (good book btw)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ending of that book was insane.

"It wasn't a game? I just led human forces into battle and killed 40 billion people-sized insects, and their queen? Wow, **** you."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you read any of the other articles, like the one explaining the "warp drive"? It basically says that if we can find a way to harness and control a large amount of negative energy in a ring around a ship, then we can create a a piece of space-time which is moving with the ship inside of it. Space Time is known to travel faster than light, as it did when the big-bang occured. Therefore, the ship itelf will not need to travel past light speed, bu the space-time around it will do all the work. Therefore, it may just be plausible to do it without wormholes. Personally, I think wormholes would be convenient, but they'd also be dangerous to our planet, if not our solar system. The kind of gravity and force needed to punch open a wormhole is enormous. It'd rip planets apart.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** Earth. I want a wormhole.

Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom