Warning for all WoW players

Best answers
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-100215-1001-99&tabid=2

Discovered: October 2, 2006
Updated: October 2, 2006 05:33:18 PM GDT
Type: Trojan Horse
Infection Length: 97,280 bytes
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Infostealer.Wowcraft.E is a password-stealing Trojan horse that attempts to steal passwords from the World of Warcraft game.

for XP users, look for

# %System%\svch0st.exe
# %System%\Wow.dll

in your C:\Windows\system32 folder

for win98/me users,

C:\Windows\System

be carefull when downloading mods/addons for WoW. Some of them contain this trojan. Also, some people are e m b e ding these into youtube and google videos, so make extra care -not- to go there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg

be VERY careful, I got hit by it and lost my account due to a trojan. I had to no, but the ONE day that pass retrieval wasnt working, I got hacked. They got onto my account and deleted 6 alts + made my mage nude. I still had my gold though.

I went to activate my accuont (had to send them ID), and apparently they can't open it cause I signed up with the name "Alex Someone" and it appeared false. Now I have to go to a notary public and get a paper stamped for some retarded ****

oh well. im done with wow now :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow that sucks kain...

maybe i shall see you again once burning crusade comes out... and i get a better computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom