Warhammer 40k

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I'm in the process of starting a Necron army and was wondering if anyone else plays 40k, i.e. the tabletop game. I'm also looking for good places online (beside ebay) where you can get pretty cheap models and other needed 40k items.

What armies do people use? Pictures would be cool too.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry man, don't play it. I think all the tabletop stuff was before my time.

The 40k video games aren't bad though :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
necrons are filthy...

to be honest you'll find GW is cheaper direct for the majority of their miniatures, you'll find some local stores that'll sell the odd box a couple of quid cheaper, but not by much.

i play marines, and eldar. although i'm much more of a fantasy gamer, with a rather large chaos, high elf, and dark elf army.

i'll get some pics of the model i'm painting atm up (morathi)soon. i'm also a youngbloods runner up, and last year i was a finalist for best fantasy mini and the open catagory at golden daemon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, well I actually might get a job soon and I'm trying to sell some stuff to buy some of the figures. I did get the Necron Codex first to get into the real gritty stuff though. I'll probably have something in a few weeks.

Best answers
I don't play much anymore, but I've got a full 1k point ork army(could probably go up to 2k if I stretched it a bit). No pictures because I'm lazy and my army is mostly unpainted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i loooooooooove 40k, have a day at the main HQ every month with a couple of the regulars.

If your looking to get cheap, it depends on how you wish to play the rules. You can find alot of unofficial minature developers, these chaps create sprues of there own design but are in the same theme as 40k and the same scale, so you could for example buy a full setup of shock troopers and play them as if they were imperial guard for a measly 40 quid. now if you wish to take your minatures into a store for gaming, or do as i do and pop into the main HQ you'll not be able to play with them and they'll kick up a fuss, either use the real deal or build stuff yourself essentially.

seeing as nobody else is posting, Here's snazzdakkas Gitz!

an old Lineup of my unbased patrol army

Giving some Grey Knights a royal bashin!

And my experimental looted tank, Da Biggun! not given a proper paintjob and has been through a dozen remakes mind

The new Warboss! just need to rig up a new bit of dakka and build a chainsaw klaw thingie!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, like I said I'm hopefully getting a job soon, so I'll be able to buy real minis and the whole nine yards. There's a comic/games store in the mall near me that a friend plays at so I'll probably play there. They have a pretty good stock, although I don't think they had any of the bigger Necron boxes with a full 1500 point army. I'll probably get one of those once I get the money. I might even go for the huge one that comes with a Monolith and like 48 warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom