WAR is everywhere \o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
post your WAR characters nubs D:

this is Oromis, my only character atm. lvl 12 swordmaster of filthy.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warhammer Online, I believe.

For whatever reason, I got a big whack of Guild Wars deja-vu when I saw the setting in the picture above.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha yeah, i thought so too. but at the same time, there's been a lot of artwork for Warhammer floating around for a looooong time. so i wouldn't be surprised if anyone other than Blizzard also "borrowed" some of it :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in a nutshell? yes, coming from a 3-year Ex WoW player. i'll post some chars when i get round to stopping Jesus selling all my gear every time it drops

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now shot of Oromis, and my new Dark Elf - Witch Elf o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For all of the WoW hate on this board, you guys sure seem to be loving the WoW engine with a different theme.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you seem to be loving the Everquest 2 engine with a different theme. :p

I'll post some pics of my char later today :O

Alright, here's my Marauder.

Attachments

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, are there like only 11 moves at a time or something? If there's not 20+ useful moves you can be using at any time I'm gonna lumber this into the same category as Guild Wars. The best fights in WoW are usually when players aren't just using their standard move list, and using all those other clever options available whether it be proffesions/trinkets etc. 8-10 different spells/attacks per class is pretty lame, I really hope theres ALOT more.

looking at the rogue icons... Jesus, some lazy artists, It's like they took the wow icons and applied a few filters in PS or something :|

Meh, not slagging it off or anything, but the actual gameplay doesn't look better, not from the vids I've seen anyway. Maybe it is less grinding and item orientated, but I can live with grinding for better gameplay.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was talking about WoW, not WAR.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, they are using completely different engines.

as for whether it's better or not, i don't give a ****, i find it more fun to play. it's not grindtastic, i don't have to waste days of my life trying to get things to make me able to beat everyone and everything else. i can just log on, bash stuff, and log off again.

as for being "wow with a different theme". Games Workshop has been around for longer than blizzard has, and since just about everything i've seen in WAR, is accurate to the source material. it becomes more and more obvious just how much the big B has ripped off other people over the years. GG son.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warcraft rips of anything from greek mythology to their orc design. I don't think you're taking the theme criticism as it was meant to be taken.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, they are using completely different engines.

as for whether it's better or not, i don't give a ****, i find it more fun to play. it's not grindtastic, i don't have to waste days of my life trying to get things to make me able to beat everyone and everything else. i can just log on, bash stuff, and log off again.

as for being "wow with a different theme". Games Workshop has been around for longer than blizzard has, and since just about everything i've seen in WAR, is accurate to the source material. it becomes more and more obvious just how much the big B has ripped off other people over the years. GG son.
You can just log on and bash stuff in WoW too. Nobody's forcing you to do quests if you don't want to do them. They're just something to help you level. But by all means, bash away.

I don't think that much was taken from Warhammer. Maybe the Orc design, but what else? There's a difference between ripping something off and creating something that's inspired by the work of others. I said it was the WoW engine with a different theme. Just talking about the engine, nothing else. So for you to hate WoW but enjoy WAR, that seems a little silly to me because they're the same thing at the core. Granted, WAR has features unique to it, but you can still find a lot, if not most, of the core gameplay resembles it's predecessor. Just like Lord of the Rings Online, which also uses Blizzard's engine.

@ Damaera - I'm pretty sure WoW doesn't use EverQuest 2's engine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can just log on and bash stuff in WoW too. Nobody's forcing you to do quests if you don't want to do them. They're just something to help you level. But by all means, bash away.

I don't think that much was taken from Warhammer. Maybe the Orc design, but what else? There's a difference between ripping something off and creating something that's inspired by the work of others. I said it was the WoW engine with a different theme. Just talking about the engine, nothing else. So for you to hate WoW but enjoy WAR, that seems a little silly to me because they're the same thing at the core. Granted, WAR has features unique to it, but you can still find a lot, if not most, of the core gameplay resembles it's predecessor. Just like Lord of the Rings Online, which also uses Blizzard's engine.

@ Damaera - I'm pretty sure WoW doesn't use EverQuest 2's engine.
Sometimes its the lore/theme that makes all the difference. WoW could give people orgasms, and I still wouldn't play it because I hate all things fantasy. That's also the reason I don't give a **** about WAR. But, you know, if they kept everything from WoW and turned it into a sci-fi game, I'd be all over it. That's just how some people are.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get that, but you should just say that instead of arguing points over the gameplay, which is pointless. Personal preference of theme and core gameplay resemblance are two very different things to argue.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I've read of WAR, it's different enough from WoW to warrant favor of one gameplay system over the other. All mmorpgs essentially have the same gameplay, but there are little things that make one game superior to the other in the eyes of its fans. Practically forcing people to PVP in WAR appeals to some people, for example. If you prefer going solo, and if you enjoy a variety of solo missions, WAR may not be for you, and definitely is not for me.

Little hinges, big door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom