Want to cancel your AOL account? Good luck!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think I saw this in the form of a YTMND once, the sad thing is, if the AOL customer service agent was actually trying to hang onto the customer, he should have picked a more realistic number.

545 hours a month = ~18 hours a day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"May I please speak with your supervisor?"

Works wonders.

Thankfully, I would never use AOL. Any company that would try to market a product called America Online Canada is either stupid, or thinks I'm stupid. Either way, I'll go with anybody else.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank god im safe from that. Allthough i am jumping boat to T2 as soon as they have the fiber optic net set up round here XD

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AOL is a ****ty company and they always have been. It's the internet for stupid people.

With that being said, this video is very very old.

Best answers
Vincent stated he did not inform the agent that he was recording the call. At this point, the situation becomes entrapment (which is illegal). If the agent had known he was recording the call, he would have closed the call immediately. That's business practices on any support line these days.

If AOL didn't mind the bad publicity, they could pursue this matter, and get damages for recording and distributing the phone call, and defamation for public airing of the call.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha, what a newwwwwb. Rofflechips

K i'm done,

Seriously, that' guys a ****er. "Can i speak to your daddy?" wtf o_O

Man when I go to cancel comcast they're like "that sucks, why you canceling" i'm like "financial issues" they're like 'ah k, well you're cancelled" i'm like sweet dewd" and he's like 'rgr" and i'm like 'fgt" and then i find out nge's on the other end o_O

But seriously, they never go THAT far. They do try to keep me with them by trying to cut me deals, but if I say no they stop.

and sandstorm....they record the calls anyway. So it's not entrapment. Comcast does it, AOL does it, Earthlink does it, Cox does it. They all say "this call may be monitored for blah blah blah blah blah"

I know this because..i had cox, earthlink, and I now have both AOL and Comcast. So who gives a flying **** if someone else other than the company records it, they're recording it anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vincent stated he did not inform the agent that he was recording the call. At this point, the situation becomes entrapment (which is illegal).
Quite right, entrapment is illiegal. However.... that wasn't entrapment in the slightest. Entrapment is inducing a person to commit a crime he or she otherwise would not have committed. Was there a crime here? No.

When a cop goes up to a guy and says, "Buy drugs from me" or "Have sex with me for money", and the guy says, "Ok", that's entrapment.

If the agent had known he was recording the call, he would have closed the call immediately. That's business practices on any support line these days.
It shouldn't have mattered if he was being recorded. If I had to tell a person that is employed to sort out my problems that I'm recording a conversation in order for him to do his job, something aint right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AOL would also be recording these calls. It's standard business practice.

Best answers
AOL would also be recording these calls. It's standard business practice.
Quite right. However, quality assurance is just that, quality assurance. Those calls are internally recorded, never distributed, and used to ensure quality remains a constant in a call center environment.

If you asked AOL to give you a copy of a call, they'd deny your request. Same with MSN and T-Mobile (both of which I've worked for), and any other phone-in service I can think of.

I'm quite sure that AOL have a binding disclaimer as part of the use of their customer service line (found in the TOS as well very likely), that clearly states that you may not record a call, nor distribute said unlawful recordings.

Best answers
I remember when i had AOL.
I'll never get rid of those nightmares....
/me crys in corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom