Want anime outlines on your models?, nuttzy tells you how,.ITS EASY

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Want anime outlines on your models?, Uncle nuttzy tells you how,.ITS EASY

1st step decompile the model you want to apply the effect to,

done? good, now import it

now select all the groups and dupicate, scale it the best you can to where the duplication COMPLETELY surrounds the model inside,

now assign that group (dupliation 01 most likeley, if not the duplicate of the entire model's group) any skin, and just make sure it is completely inside a black spot,

most skins have a black spot, just rescale the duplicates map into a black area so it is completeley black

now while it is still selected, reverse vertex order making all of the duplicants triangles backwards, now uncheck the draw backfaces in the 3d view menu, you will see the effect working if you did it properly

export it back to the reference smd and recompile,

your finished

what this does is makie an invisble model surrounding it but you can only see the back areas since the front is invisible,

it does double the polycount but it can make for some badass effects on low poly models,

ive tested it on the super sonic by the boss team and the esf piccolo and it worked on both of them,

Best answers
Reweld the dublictate after dublicating. Instead of scaling u could also se the FATBOY tool in MS3D.

BTW: This is also described in a tuturial in the tutorials thread.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fatboy made it a lil too fat when i tried it,

edit, oh yes fatboy works much better

Best answers
Yeah Fatboy roxxorz all the way! And when rewelding after fatboing (use values form 0.1 and up only, otherwise it is too big) don't weld everything. Some things don't need to be welded together because this makes the skin tone go kinda wierd.

Best answers
eh.. can I see a screenshot of that effect that looks like something anime? cuz that just look like you drew a black line around sonic in MS paint...

Best answers
Basicly it just paints a black line around it. But this is done in all perspectives so it looks like cell shading, or like an anime where all got such surroundings. This gives you a 3D surrounding black.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i aslo did that with scaling, if i used fatboy it wouldve looked a lil better, if i wanted to make it true anime style id also need to reskin it,

aslo meaning it wont look badasss on highly detailed skins, in actuality the lower detail the skin the better effect it gives, solid color skins give it a real cartoon look,

it made my crash bandicoot look badass

Best answers
is there any way to do this without MS3D? Or do you have any links to a webpage with HL plugins for maya? I have Maya.. but not Milk Shape.. don't ask how I got it tho (not kazaa)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well probabaly you could do it with any modelling program as long as it has these basic functions,

duplicating selected faces,

changing the direction of faces

and.....

scaling them to overlap the entire model,

thats all you really need

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom