Walking through beam trails

Best answers
^It would be nice if you couldn't do that. I know every ESF attack is basically a kiblast with different trails, size, homing, explosion radius, etc... But it would be nice if they could make it were you couldn't walk through beam trails like now, or is that just another HL restriction?....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no that would work but i have a different idea of it you should just take constant damage from it like when your in a ki blob

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i suggested this a few times a while back. it's retarded how if you touch a beam through the trail no damage is given. thus touching a trail should give constant damage like a ki blob

Best answers
Well for this to work they would have to record the path the beam and then with some hefty math see if a player is within that area. I don't think they are up to that task.

Because all the trail is, is a TE_BEAMFOLLOW message sent to the client.

Best answers
No it would be very easy compared to what they have already done.

Best answers
Jinto said:
Well for this to work they would have to record the path the beam and then with some hefty math see if a player is within that area. I don't think they are up to that task.

Because all the trail is, is a TE_BEAMFOLLOW message sent to the client.
I agree.. it would probably be a lot of work..
And come to think of it.. how often do you walk through a beam trail..? o_O Almost never happens, except maybe when 2 people are in a beamstruggle..

I'd rather see them concentrating on 1.3.. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm well actually i do it a lto oO
i mean if somebody fires a kame at me or something´i just teleport through the front and swoop trhough the beam which makes me hard to see and the enemy doesn´t know if he hit me or not .

but well dunno about the beam thing...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind some kind of damage from that kind of thing either, it'd make sense and I can't see it hurting gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom