W-Lan Hotspot Page ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi.
I was wondering is it possible to set up an Hotspot Page ?
Like when my WLAN is scanned so people where try to connect see my Page where shows an image or something.

I hope you understand what i mean.
I dont want them to connect. Just so that people where arent connect to my WLAN see an Page.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I think a simple solution (and the only one i can come with) would be to use a Proxy Server;
enable the DHCP Server in your Router to set your computer's IP Address as the Default Gateway.
This way, when someone trys to connect, before the traffic goes through the Router it goes through your computer.

Now, with Ubuntu you can use the terminal to forward the traffic and manage policies for who can connect to the internet and who can't.
You can make it so when someone trys to connect it redirects the user to your Website (with the "image or something" you wan't to present).

There is probably a simpler solution, maybe there's a software for Windows or something (maybe a Radius Server, i don't know)
but i hope it works out for you. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm i didnt understand one word :).

How would YOU set something like this up in windows ?
COuld you make some screenshots.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, there is always an easier solution, try looking for a software that does what you want to do,
i quickly google'd it and i found this: http://www.hotspotsystem.com/
But this is just one example, you can try looking for any other software that suits better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom