VLC player troubles

Best answers
well im trying to play a .avi file and whenever i do the video i just a big blurr, the sounds come up, but i cant see anything...

any idea what is up?

Edit: i figure the solution to this problem is this...but i dont know how to do it

"There is probably a problem with the output layer. There are several ways of troubleshooting it. First, try with another output plugin, for instance:

% vlc -V sdl
% vlc -V x11

Second, change your screen depth and/or definition. It quite often helps. Lastly, if running Unix, have a look at your XFree86 video driver. "

Best answers
Does this problem happen to all .avi format videos?

Perhaps its a Video Codec problem?
If anything else, I think your solutions are on the right track

-Guzzie

Best answers
yeah, i think those are the solutions...but i dont know how to do them

like how do i change the %vlc -V sdl to the other format? or change my screen density/definition

Best answers
Does reinstalling the VLC help? If i remember correctly VLC uses build in plugins to play the video, (I used this when i was still in school because i couldnt install codecs on the computers) so Uninstalling VLC and reinstalling it, might help...

Best answers
no, reinstalling doesnt seem to help, and also i beleive all video formats are doing this, avi, wmv, everything

Best answers
did you have any codec packs installed prior to installing VLC? If so, try removing them.

Best answers
codec packs? by not knowing what these are, im going to assume that i havnt installed any codecs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom