Video Games on PC

Which do you prefer to play video games on?

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Console

• Hand Held

• Other (Arcade, plug-n-play, ect.)

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frequently, a video game made for a console will be made for a computer as well (i.e GTA: San Andreas. Sonic Heroes) and vice versa (i.e Half-life, The Sims). Why would someone want to buy a game that is for a console but play it on their computer?

This is sole opinion for me and that is why I am questioning why people will buy them for PC. I am aware of the pros...

-They might not have that certain console

-Graphics may be better

-Easier to extract data (i.e Sounds, pictures, models)

As well as the cons...

-Using up disk space

-Akward controls

-little/no multiplayer (unless it is online)

-Harder to multi task (in my opinion)

I'm not necessarily saying that buying PC games are pointless, but question why people do....And throwing a little Poll into it.

Best answers
I prefer to play games on my PC. Im too lazy to walk up to my TV..

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion, FPS' will always be better on the computer. Some games however, are a little more mixed. GTA is a good example in my opinion. I love the mouse aiming, but find that doing things like flying a helicopter a lot more difficult than on the PS2.

I don't really see using up disk-space as a con. Since the point of disk-space is to well, install things on. That's kind of like saying the cons to putting MP3's on your MP3 player is using up space.

Best answers
I love to play PC GAMES THE BEST... why??? well free online play.... GREAT LIBRARY for games(thousands).... WILL NEVER DIE... a consol's life span is like what? 4 years.. then it will no manufacture anymore games... while the pc has been the same... umm, ONLINE GAMES ON PC have proven to be the best out of all... Compare Counter-strike(PC) and Counter-Strike(xbox)... plus the keyboard + mouse controls are excellent for shooters... again look at cs hl... PC > consols

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't beat a mouse and keyboard. Even if you want a controller, you've got a USB port, haven't ya?

Definately PC.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it really depends on the game imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FPS = PC
Everything else = Console

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I don't really see using up disk-space as a con. Since the point of disk-space is to well, install things on. That's kind of like saying the cons to putting MP3's on your MP3 player is using up space.
Well that was probaly a little personal con for me. Some games go beyond that of a single BG. I only have about 30 left, and I like to have space for plenty of mdeia recources. MP3 players are ment for music and are buil for them. PC games, or at leat in my opinion, aren't space friendly depending on how much you have.

As for frist person shooters, I don't play a lot, but i can accept them for PC and console, PC being better since it has online usually.

MMORPGS and specifically conline games do not count for wether to be on console or not, because they require online play (usually).

@ Future

Console games haven't even died out yet and I doubt they will. You can buy as many video games as you like for a console, as ell as easy to use cheat devices, and there would be no problem. You are limited to how many games yo ucan use for a PC depending on your space avaliable, graphics card, processor, and connection.

PC games have a large plus for online play since handling online for ps2 and X-Box isn't nearly as easy for most people.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Can't beat a mouse and keyboard. Even if you want a controller, you've got a USB port, haven't ya?

Definately PC.
Thats exactly what I was about to post.

Best answers
Console. Simply because they have better games. Not all games come out for PC and most of the games that i like dont a lot of my games come out on console.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
FPS = PC
Everything else = PC with a USB controller
There, fixed it for you.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
it really depends on the game imo.
That pretty much sums up what I was about to say and there should be an option saying I like games on both Console and PC.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
There, fixed it for you.
Eh, it's really not the same. A generic usb controller just can't match an original ps2 controller. Why pay extra for a controller and assign all the keys? And is very inconveient is the only usb drives are in the back of the computer (not my case).

SuperDragonFist said:
That pretty much sums up what I was about to say and there should be an option saying I like games on both Console and PC.
That's why it's a multi poll :p

Best answers
PC, because it has better development and publishing.

Everyone is familiar with the PC, so it's not as hard to program game engines that'll work for them... the PC is overall more adaptable to EVERYTHING...

I don't get what people are saying about GTA games being better on consoles. As far as I'm concerned, GTA: VC and SA are the same thing as GTA 1... I keep the controls the same for the newer ones as I did for the old top-down look...

My main issue: costumization. I can customize my keyboard and mouse to what I want them to be. That is lacking any real depth on these controllers...

Best answers
i have to agree with david, due to that some games are better on PC some are better on Console

FPS are good on PC but it does not take skill really to aim for sniper ect, where on a console its harder to aim making the game more fun when playing online cuz its not blame head shot blame head shot blame head shot unless the person is running a aim hack or just a weird'o who never leaves their console :S

But games fighting MK ect are much better on the Console just better reaction time then playing on PC, the PC is great due to how much you can do with it and yes the games take space on the HD but this is no con due to most people have 120GB HDD and above what is 4gb out of it dont matter, Yes it blows when a new game comes out like B&W and i know some ppl here on the forums say they cant run the game cuz their specs are 2 low so yes they have to spend more money out on buying the parts to play the game but in doing so they are also expanding their computers quilty where with a console u can't really do much execpt buy like Xbox live the PS2 HDD and the PS2 mem cards. So in the long run the PC was not invented for gaming remember that, If any of this make sence

Best answers
I will happily play games on anything. My preference is consoles though. Mainly because a pad is more comfortable that a mouse and keyboard. I'll readily admit that the mouse/keyboard combo is more precise than a pad, but I still prefer to play fps's on consoles anyway. Plus I like the simplicity of consoles, it's just put in the disc and play - how gaming should be.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
most people have 120GB HDD
Really? Guess I lucked out... I only started with 80 =(

I'm glad that a console doesn't requrie a lot of addons, even though it could add more possobilties, that can be exploited for making certain things necessary for a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
There, fixed it for you.
Not really, I dunno about everyone else here but when I'm playing an RPG or Fighting game or anything like that I like being able to just pop it in and play it whenever I feel like it. Having to install everything on your computer and configure to your graphics settings and oh no my graphics card isn't good enough, I don't enjoy that.

Consoles definitely for anything other than fps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PC- I don't feel I am in control as much with a... 'controller'?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
FPS = PC
Everything else = Console
My thoughts exactly, except add RTS games to PC as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom