Video card

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
crashmann64 said:
Actually I just made a lot of money over the weekend and now I cant decide between AGP 8x or PCIe. what should I get? i'm leaning towards PCI express and I want a card that will run doom 3 or HL2. If anyone is familiar with the ATI X600-X800 series, what do you think and will it run it. I want to get the X600 Pro or something but I dont know if it will run HL2 or not, and Will it last me for at least the next 3 or 4 years or what?
The x600 pro is basically a 9600 pro PCI-E edition.(Its **** for its price)

Get the 6600GT, you wont be dissapointed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also take into consideration if your computer can handle it. If your computer is old and your video card is new, nothing will happen. Just a heads up.

Best answers
I just bought a brand new PCIe mobo from newegg and their cheapest PCIe video card, it was an ati radeon x300xt for $44.99 or something like that. It's probably a bad card but it was the cheapest and thats all that I could afford at a time. but I'm going to get the x850XT Card.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
crashmann64 said:
I just bought a brand new PCIe mobo from newegg and their cheapest PCIe video card, it was an ati radeon x300xt for $44.99 or something like that. It's probably a bad card but it was the cheapest and thats all that I could afford at a time. but I'm going to get the x850XT Card.
May I ask how you wanna get a X850 if you can barely bring up a pci-e mobo?

Plus if you dont have job or dont have a steady income I would advise to be more realistic and go for a 6600 GT pci-e >_>.(Plus next gen video cards of nVidia G70 is rumored to be launched at 22 June)

Best answers
I'm only 14 and I just got my summer job and I will be making around $800 a month so the amount of money i can make isn't a problem anymore and I could barely afford the mobo and the video card because I only had $150 for my first paycheck and I wanted the mobo and the video card now, so I bought the mobo that I wanted and the cheapest video card and that averaged out to about $155.00 (borrowed 5 dollars from my parents) so like i said, money wont be a problem and not to be offensive but worry about your own money status, i'll worry about the parts I want and how I get it, you worry about yourself. oh again, no offense. :D And thanks for the info on that new graphics card, I'll look into it.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'd like to know what kind of company pays a 14 year old $800 a month....

Best answers
I work for my uncle. he does side jobs for people in Mid-Michigan. We mostly renovate basements to make it a nice space to live (dont know if you know what i mean) but we do other construction and renovating jobs. so technically I dont work for a company but none the less, I still make 800 a month.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well my friend , if your'e that rich and save your money you could buy a ath64 fx55 setup (can't we all dream at sometime)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom