Video card decisions

Best answers
well heres the thing u see esf lags on my comp .in opengl and d3d my average fps is no higher than 6 and on software its no higher than 12.so thats wen i decided i was gonna get a new vid card since mine is SiS(integrated) so members help me choose one that will run good on my comp. and esf these are my system stats

System Stats
120mb memory

windows me

intel celleron proccesor~400mhz

ps.how do u know if ur comp has an agp slot cuz i think most comp. need it in order to install a vid. card

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GeForce 2 MX400 64-128 MB Video Card.^^

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look in your computer. If you have a brown one that is slighty longer than the white ones and is on top towards the processor then thats an agp port. If its down below them its an isa port. You should really just get a new computer because a new video card isn't going to solve your slow computer problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, getting a new videocard is going to do jack **** if your system is that slow anyway. I would suggest saving money and getting some kind of combo set with a processor/memory/motherboard.. that stuff just won't cut it.

Best answers
well most people said esf lagged cause i dont have a video card(SiS is integrated)thats y i was thinkin of gettin a new one wat do u think ultra perfectcell do u think a new vid card will help?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The integrated video card is only one of many problems. Yes it will lag to holy hell without a video card but getting one is only going to bring that system up to 10 fps if that. Trust us when we tell you you need to get a new computer.

Best answers
aw man r u sure cuz cucumba and ultra perfect cell said a vid card would work

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MOved to off-topic as it has nothing to do with esf the game.

Best answers
so r u guys sure i shouldnt get a new vid card cuz ultraperfectcell and cucumba both said it would help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, how much money do you have to spend? Maybe I can make a decent setup for you.

Best answers
well moms was thinkin of spendin no more than 60 bucks on a vid card

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you're ****ed any way you look at it. I suggest you get a job, then. Or something. You need at least $300 to get your system capable of even running Half-life properly..

Best answers
well it runs iight (halflife) but just tell me should i get a vid card or not

Best answers
GMan said:
Listen, getting a new videocard is going to do jack **** if your system is that slow anyway. I would suggest saving money and getting some kind of combo set with a processor/memory/motherboard.. that stuff just won't cut it.
I beg to differ, I currently use a 433 mhz processor with 256MB ram, and a geforce4MX and i run it quite well.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing a processor with under 500mhz is good for is surfing or checking email. I suggest you upgrade.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get a video card but I don't know if your going to find a decent one for that much money. It would be best to just do chores around the house and earn money and stuff. Save your money and collect bottles and eventually get a new computer. Read the thread on tweaking and your system will run a bit better. Stock esf settings can choke even the best computers out there. Halflife 2 won't cause computers to choke as much as esf does...

Best answers
well my comp doesnt suck its not the best but i like it and ur wrong i can use my comp for more than surfing man i got 2 of the japanese psx import games to run VERY good in my epxe emulator i think i should just get more ram can anyone tell me the price

ps.in the us a geforce2 is no more than 70 dollars

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know the prices but where to get them is also a problem. I'm always caught up on the market and I know what I'm talking about. If you can afford it get a little g2 mx400. Make sure you can support agp if not then get pci version. Ram would be a good idea. Hope you can support pc133 because pc100 I believe is starting to go up in price because no one uses it (so from 5 cents to 7). If you don't know what your motherboard supports for ram read your manual. If you don't know where it is then look for it. If you can't find it then call the company that sold you the comptuer.

Best answers
well my sisters friend updated my comp by puttin more ram so he should now all that stuff just tell me wat to ask him

ps.which vid card should i get a Verto Geforce2 Mx400 PCI 64mb sdram or a GeForce2 MX400 PCI 64MB SDR nVidia GeForce2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom