VEWIP: Evil Mansion and Dojo

Best answers
cold_steel said I had to post some pics from a simple map of mine. It's called evil mansion. I don't know yet for what game/mod I going to us it. So if you have suggestions then I would be glad to hear it.

BTW: DONT LOOK AT THE TEXTURES, I KNOW THEY SUCK!

pic 1

pic 2
pic 3

I'm also working on a dojo map, I think I'll compile that for ESF. But we will see.

Let me know what you think about it and later on I will post some pics from the dojo map.

grtz Mark

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't look too bad. My suggestion is to play some maps by a mapper named Peter Manson. His website contains all his maps - http://www.kbhse.demon.co.uk/maps/ . I suggest downloading and looking at their brushwork. It may give you some ideas.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*wubs* that's so lubblah Diesel. <3

Remember to do an outside area aswell ;)

Best answers
Optional said:
Doesn't look too bad. My suggestion is to play some maps by a mapper named Peter Manson. His website contains all his maps - http://www.kbhse.demon.co.uk/maps/ . I suggest downloading and looking at their brushwork. It may give you some ideas.
Thnx for the tip Optional. I will take a look at it. :) I'm always looking for new idea's. But the problem usually is that I have to much idea's so it is hard to focus on 1 perticular map. But I wil try my best at it.

That dojo map is going for a make-over. ;) So I hope I can post some new pics soon.

Best answers
Nice nice, very good! fun to play in cs!!! and I guess any other game except NS.... but anyways, what you work in? Textures.... I know you said know, but with a lil work, they will be awesome!

Best answers
suppertime said:
Nice nice, very good! fun to play in cs!!! and I guess any other game except NS.... but anyways, what you work in? Textures.... I know you said know, but with a lil work, they will be awesome!
Thnx for the credits. :) And I think I will make it for CS. But what do you mean with: what you work in?

I use hammer for the maps if that is what you are asking for.

grtz Mark

Best answers
The second map:

Title: dojo
Game/mod: ESF

This is the second map I started on this week. The textures aren't superb, but I'm still working on it. I think I will ask JD for some help with that. And I will also ask JD to do the terrain.

The rest will come down to me, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Pics:

pic 1
pic 2

Enjoy

grtz, Mark

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In another thread you said you were a noob. No noob could actually do what you posted here. Nice going dude, real nice. But don't make every building/room hollow, since small rooms are rarely used in esf.

Best answers
cold steel said:
In another thread you said you were a noob. No noob could actually do what you posted here. Nice going dude, real nice. But don't make every building/room hollow, since small rooms are rarely used in esf.
Except your small room. :p But you've got a point there. I made the roof hollow zo can look at the ceilling. But that's all whats hollow.

This map is also al little try-out to see what I can do with hammer. So if you any more suggestions, your welcome!

Tommorow I will post some new screens. Because i have changed some of the map.

So check back tomorrow. :)

grtz Mark

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks nice. I think you may need to add more room to fight in, unless you are already going to do this. Most ESF players are used to quite voluminous maps.

Best answers
There will be more room to fight in. :) There will be a terrain around the dojo with little non-accessible buildings to make it more lifely. But I will ask cold_steel to do that for me, because he rocks in making terrain. So I will focus on the buildings.

Best answers
lol when i saw the pics i allready wondered where the roof had gone to ;)
looks nice as i said allready now some nice terrain around it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm....
i got some q. :
1.would it be a big map or a small map?
2. if its a big map wouldnt it be lag?
3. would u do inside of the dojo home more and more detail?
4.could u give us some pics how u want to make it as? Because then we can give crits ^^

gj i will give u a rank of 10 after u showed a pic ^^ but u can be shure that u will get more then 5/10 ^^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i gave it a little terrain, we have like 2199 faces total. But for a strange reason it does not want to compile when i use the seamless mapping technique. Can someone help a desperate mapper out?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might be able to help you Cold. By seemless mapping you mean blended textures or premade in PS?

v0083
[email protected]

Best answers
TryForce said:
Hmmm....
i got some q. :
1.would it be a big map or a small map?
2. if its a big map wouldnt it be lag?
3. would u do inside of the dojo home more and more detail?
4.could u give us some pics how u want to make it as? Because then we can give crits ^^

gj i will give u a rank of 10 after u showed a pic ^^ but u can be shure that u will get more then 5/10 ^^
Well okay.

1. The map is quite large so there will be enough space for fighting.
2. Well, that's what we still have to find out. Because we have a problem compiling the map.
3. To solve this question first I have to make sure that u understand that there are 2 maps. One with the mansion and one with a dojo. I didn't want to open a new topic for each map.
4. The pics will come asap because the map has been redecorated bij JD. And I will have to wait for him.

But I will do my best to post some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom