Vertex limit

Best answers
i've heard something that in esf there existing a vertex limit .that is 8000 , if you your model will have more than 8000 vertex's than esf will run slowly.
is this true?if it is , than tell me more about this , please :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ummm.... do you mean polygon limit? Well, there is no limit. But if you put more than 6k's of poly's, then it would have a massive FPS drop.

Best answers
poly=vertex :) 6000 is for one model or for all models which are using in game ?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhhh.... poly = vertex? Who told you that?

Polygon = Otherwise known as face, this object(s) detail the model.
Vertex = Directs the face.

And where is a 6000 poly model downloadable? (acts as greedy man)

Best answers
oh,sorry , i thought that polygon and vertex is same .sonevermind that=)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Half-Life model limit around 3800 polys. I have never heard of an 8000 poly limit.

Best answers
I have theres this Gun someone made for CS that has 14000 Polys and its so LAGGY but it look so NICE lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm...a gun with 14,000 polys? i think not, a weapon limit is around 1500 polys. I dont know where you got 14,000 polys from. [its not true]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can stack alot more polys into a model than you think in HL, the highest ive gone is 12k, (and i did that on purpose) and i had no trouble, you just hafta split the model up into different peices, or you run into some problems with the vertex count, but a 14k poly model doesnt sound impossile to me, just very stupid to do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How in the world can you compile a 12k model? i cant even compile a 4230 model. Thats just craziness.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF's poly limit is around 1200. 6k? yikes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raiko said:
How in the world can you compile a 12k model? i cant even compile a 4230 model. Thats just craziness.

Your computer just sux trust me when I use to have a sucky comp it did that I got a new one WALA! ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm...i doubt it. It says"to many normals" when i try to compile something that is over 4000 polys. i dont think that has to do with my computer.

Best answers
Vertex = Directs the face.
Wrong. A vertex is one of the points that make up a polygon. What you're thinking of is a normal. Normals are perpendicular to the polygon and tell the renderer which way the poly is facing. One normal per poly, three verts to a poly (for games, in the actualy modelling programs you can usually have nigh-on unlimited verts per poly). If I recall correctly.

And Raiko's right, a "too many normals" error is nothing to do with the computer. As nutzy said, split it up and it should work. Halflife probably doesn't like having more than that many normals in a single object, probably put in for some resource coservation or something.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive seen ppl make a 25k poly model (was a weapon model) i tried it in a half life mod and with my Gforce 4 i still had a fps of 9 :p MUHAHAHAHAHAH...... that sucked.....
but if u say esf max poly count = 1200....damn....most of the players have pc's that could atleast handle 1700 poly's

and i dont think u should exceed the 2500 poly's for half life since then it will start to drop (i mean ur fps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom