NeD

Best answers
Hey, a while back i noticed alot of people trying to make high polys dbz models for new game engines like UT2003. Most of the time they slapped polys around without really thinking of whether they were necessary there, or whether they could be used somewhere else to add more shape, or for better deformation.

So since i had already released a low poly model with skinmaps (a 1200 poly model of Spiderman) I decided it might be cool to do a slightly higher range DBZ model for people to look at, so it might give them ideas on modelling/help out or whatever.

which lead me to this:

Before i release it on my webpage I would like to UV map it and skin it. I will then release the model for download with blank UV maps (so you guys can practise skinning it if you want). It's not for any mod or game at the moment. After it's done if someone has a particular fetish of wanting it in a game, and allowing for the fact that it can be done ( a 2000+ poly model in halflife might not be so wise), email me and we can try and sort something out.

If anyone has any questions or comments pleas let me know :D

Best answers
why don't you ask someone to animate it for esf quz its the best veggetto model ever:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
man ik like your vejito more than the others, and like mitchell said, please animate him for esf

ZuL

Best answers
Kinda laggy model to be used in ESF... But it's your decision.

Best answers
O_O O_O O_O oh my god that is so awsome ive never seen such a beautiful model anywhere

Best answers
work of art man tell this to the ESF team please i wanna play with it :p

almostdeleted

A
That is perfect, not one mistake. PLEASE TELL US YOULL RELEASE IT FOR ESF!!!

And it wont be laggy, Look at AzN dragons Gohan, its not laggy.

Scruffie

S
/me s******s at the replies from ESF crowd.

Good stuff Ned.

Lol, everything has to be for ESF doesn't it? :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg i do not see one single flaw AWESOME job man i have a question.. how do you assign colors like that in milkshape?

Best answers
Nice work ned. yo can you send me the skinmap to skin it when you uv maped him.. i would love to skin that model... the hands look a little wierd but other then that the model looks pretty nice... can u post some wireframe and flatshaded renders too..?

almostdeleted

A
Cool, Metro-tek is skinning. This model is gonna rock. Its gonna look real. O_O o_o :shocked: :shocked:

This is for esf right? :laff:

NeD

Best answers
Hey, thanks for the replies.

I'll be skinning the model myself (you can see some stuff i've done on my webpage at www.ned-art.com - though i haven't uploaded all the pages yet ;P)

But like I said in the first post, when I'm done skinning it I'll post the model on my webpage with blank skinmaps so you guys can download and look at the model and try skinning it.

:)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it for ESF or not...... Lot's of people seem to be asking it and you don't seem to answer. Oh well it's good looking anyway even if it isn't for ESF.

NeD

Best answers
Like I said in my first post , when it's all finished, I can talk to people interested in getting it into ESF and we can see if it's possible. If it is there's a good chance it'll be released for ESF.

Sorry if i didn't make that clear :)

Oh i did this in 3DSMAX btw, but if you want to color polys in milkshape (for the guy who asked) pick the polys you want that are all going to be the same color, re-group them, create a new material in the materials panel, make it the color you want, and assign it to the group you just made.

almostdeleted

A
Wow, your amazing dude. You are a extremly good, detailed skinner and modeler. This model will kick ass whether its for ESF or not

And 2400 polies works with Half life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahaha

:laff: :laff: DUDE THAT SKIN AINT COOL AT ALL I HAVE A BETTER SKIN OF VEGETTO THE ONE I CREATED HAS EYES AND I HAVE THE ONE WITH THE BLACK HAIR BETTER THAN YOURS MINE HAS BETTERS IMPROVEMENTS THOUGH I HAVE THE SSJ OF VEGETTO TOO IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE SKIN ADD ME TO YOUR AIM AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE SKIN IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO GIVE IT TO YOU GUYS ANYWAY NICE TRY NED!!!!!!!!!!:laff: :laff:

AIM:VegettoZRuleZ

Best answers
OMG!!!! THATS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MODEL I'VE EVER SEEN!!! O_O THATS LIKE FREAKIN BUDOKAI MODELS!!! SO SMOOTH! MY EYES HURT AHHHHHHH THATS SO FANTASTIC!

NeD

Best answers
um...hate to burst your bubble the model isn't skinned yet. I just colored the polygons. That's not the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom