Vegeta's Brother

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new issue of Shukan Shonen Jump magazine has revealed that the new 35 minute long “Dragon Ball: Ossu! Kaette Kita Son Goku to Nakamatachi!!“, which had its first public screening in Osaka, Japan on September 21st, features the introduction of Vegeta’s younger brother “Table” (an abbreviation of “vegetable”).

For those who are interested, fan site Kanzentai has published a detailed summary of the entire film.
Source: http://www.animenation.net/blog/2008/10/01/vegetas-younger-brother/

Summary (spoilers) - http://www.kanzentai.com/guide/misc_db/db_spc/index.html

From the looks of the summary, this movie is going to suck.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still sounds much better than GT ever was.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it doesnt sound horrible. but i dont think it'll re-capture the hearts of the old dragonball fans.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aka is the merging of Abo and Kado, who is formed to keep up with Trunks and Goten. Unfortunately, Trunks and Goten decide to fuse, forming Gotenks. Gotenks overwhelms Aka, until he unleashes a Wahaha no Ha. Goku soon jumps in and finishes off Aka with a punch.
v_v'

like all DB it rides all the way till the end and the last 2 minutes they kill the enemy..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
£100 says the plot twist is that although a spirit bomb is what finishes him off, it's vegeta that can now, somehow, use it.

Best answers
From the looks of the summary, this movie is going to suck.
ah i hate when you people start talinkg crap without seeing the special...

i gess it will be good cuz it's made from the original concept-art :cool:

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Atleast Atari gets to make another game now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This movie isn't going to be good, but never the less, I want to see it.

Best answers
I want to see it but Vegeta's brother? it really doesn't seem logical..

G
Fun fun, it's streaming.
http://www.jumpland.com/animetour/db/index_en.html
Download the browser thing at the bottom of the page.

*edit* then drag and drop the .sva file you download from that page INTO the browser you downloaded. Stupid, yeah, but it's a pretty high quality stream. Initial thoughts- Japanese and subbed, sweet, but the new animation is really bland.
*edit2* Some traced art on Vegeta, ugh. Around 15-16 mins some action finally starts and the art is really impressive at that point, but nothing new or interesting choreographically.
*edit3* Well that was actually really sad, it's just about everyone getting old and being crappy. What on earth transpired to convince them it was a good idea to make this tripe and then give it out for free, I'll never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved it. It's really nice to see them in action again but the format is pretty bad, I had to keep pausing every minute, letting it download and watch for 30 seconds. If you didn't play after a few minutes, the stream would just stop and I'd have to wait even longer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The image quality is outstanding, the introduction sequence seems refreshing because it's an updated version that I've never seen before.

The buffering is heavily irritating.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The environment animation is outstanding, but sometimes the character animation is a bit lack luster.

I must say I actually enjoyed that, all the lame humour aside it had some good bits, and the action was halfway decent, I think the whole point of it was to be that sometimes they have enemies that pose no threat. It wasn't very serious and seemed to be poking fun at itself, which is a side of the manga that rarely got translated into the anime.

It was a little cheesy and static at times, but its an anime, not many that aren't.

Best answers
For those who don't want to stream it;
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=PRHVQGQ1

It's a 280 meg .flv file.

As a whole I really enjoyed it, all of the seiyuu sound as if they never left (probably thanks to the videogames) the new Head Cha-La animation was amazing, and it was nice hearing Shunsuke Kikuchi's score in something other than muffled mono sound, as for the story it was cute and enjoyable overall, especially the more humorous take on Goku and Vegeta's rivalry.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetas's brother has a very pretty woman, to bad its green and bald.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should make a continuation of the story from when Tarble arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom