Vegeta WIP

ZuL

Best answers
We'll see. I haven't decided yet. IF there will be fans reviving ESF for HL2... then I'll contribute with this. Unless someone makes a better Vegeta, of course.

Best answers
its good but the hair needs to curve to the middle more

ZuL

Best answers
His face is hardly fat at all. I guess it's the render.

As soon as I'm done with the legs, I'll show you guys another WIP render!

...If you think I'm not fast enough, think about how good it'll look instead when it's done :)

EDIT: Okay, here you go:

Please, I believe this needs lots of crits.

EDIT #2: New renders. Maybe less good-looking, but now you can see the shape of the model better.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The proportions are right exept for his armor.His armor goes too far outward.Oh, and by the way, how many polies?It looks nice anyways, goood job on that :).

Best answers
ZuL said:
At the moment, the poly count is at about 1300, the head being 700 and the rest (well, let's try your math).

It IS 3dsmax. Right now, to make the render, I've made 16 spotlights all set on low light emitting, and on Area Shadows. Then the whole model has a small boost of self-illumination.

I'm going to town, so no updates until I get back.
this is what he said above, but its probly more ewith the body

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it really reminds me at the vegeta at DBZ: Budokai I !!
great job...btw. his armor goes at the under part more out and at the over part more in! (i mean from the front view)

ZuL

Best answers
New update. This time, I'm done with the arms and I'm going to start working on the gloves.

To show a bit how I made the musculature, I followed the refs I found the best I could.
The arms were made from the "DBZ arm reference" I found on these forums.

And well, the legs were made after one or two refs, and I got fairly satisfied with them.

All musculature have been modeled, kinda makes it more difficult to skin but makes it look much more realistic (in DBZ terms that is, at least on this model).

So... any crits so far? I pulled the chest armor out a bit as you said, Tryforce, and I agree with you. It looked better.

Best answers
really nice detail,but his shoes are way to big and to pointy.Also his arms are to short.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm... its VERY nice!
it´s the best "Unskinned" vegeta render i ever saw!

And just a tip:
i would say that noone will crit u now anyway... so dont wait for crits! just finish it! That´ll be the better way! ;)

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super!
I realy like the detail that you put in it
nice job
I dont want to critic it yet
keep it up

Best answers
very nice. everything looks very good... except the boots, they are a bit too big, the shape of the boots are right just make em smaler okey? :) GJ!!!

ZuL

Best answers
Ah, okay. Yes, I thought the shape was good as well, but I wasn't sure about the size... thanks guys.

Best answers
here is some help fore the boot size and i tought the torso could be a bit more shaped like on the picture, then the model would be peeeeeeeeeeeeerfect :)

ZuL

Best answers
I made a celshading test. I thought it turned out pretty cool! Have a look:

The camera is looking a bit up at him, so that's why it may look a bit odd.

And here's a front picture of the head.

Bah, I'm not very motivated on finishing at the moment... that's why I'm posting silly screenshots instead ;)

Best answers
I like the style and etailing and it looks clean as wel,fix some minor edits this model can turn out great

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pretty kewl! Wow... just perfect!

But can u skin? I´d like to see it skinned ^^

ZuL

Best answers
Teh model is done! I'm just gonna go upload 4 pictures and then I'll show you guys. It may still need crits ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom