Vegeta Ref

Best answers
I haven't posted for some time.But I'm back and I have a new ref.
Crits are welcome.

Best answers
As a modeller, I'd never use that as ref.. The anatomy of the upper torso is all weird, especially the chest.. The hair doesn't look like Vegeta's at all.. The hands are all weird (especially the thumb, because it's too big)..

You need some more practice.. Way more practice.. But hang in there :)

Best answers

This is the ref I used for the head,i just modified some parts of the hair but I think it looks like the one in this ref.

Best answers
bolteh was right about the vest...
it looks too blocky and weird... other than that the hair and face is correct.
i cant draw that well but it looks good in my opinion

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
TigerGEO said:
Is Bolteh a n00b modeler couse It looks like one. Man that ref is perfect. PLZ Don't be a n00b.
You're joking, right?

Questions aside, the reference is horrible.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TigerGEO said:
Is Bolteh a n00b modeler couse It looks like one. Man that ref is perfect. PLZ Don't be a n00b.
Don't go around making comments like that; the first part of the AUP (which I'm sure you've read over) quite clearly asks that all users act respectfully toward each other.

This will be your only advisory. Any subsequent comments you make of this nature will garner warnings for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about all the modeling stuff, so Im leaving the reference posts to the modelers, But it sure is a good drawing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a slight suggestion; redo the side angle (Proporations looks nearly entirely off--back needs to arch more, the hair looks odd, and the shape of the head looks far too much like some of TOEI's, well, 'crappy' artists' style). Other than that I'm impressed by the front view, it'll probably be the first Vegeta model with a torso that suits my liking. I love the proportions and his shoulders fit the body (which appears to be USS "Super Vegeta"), just give it some bigger deltoids.

I was trying to find a screencap of the episode Vegeta was drawn the way you did your ref, but the drawing style was never consistant(which ever was?) If you'd like check YouTube for episode #143 'Krillin's Decision', the style can be seen when Cell was begging Vegeta to let him go--look for the part 1 uploaded by 'superfranthemansuper' and scroll to 05:13 -> 05:26. The drawing style picked up again during the episode 'Trunks Ascends' (which actually wasn't consistantly used through the entire episode but only after Trunks had powered up--this is because several artists for the animation switched off during some episodes, that's why there are differences in proportion, anatomy & physics sometimes). I have many preferences over drawing styles used in the Dragon Ball Z anime, it's so hard to decide but it's nice to see someone's attempting that look. Good luck.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
aside possible porotion deformations, the image makes me all dizzy and hurts my eyes. Seriously, I cant watch it for longer then 20seconds or so

Hand drawn refs with inverted colors are much better in my opinion

Best answers
Yo-MoMa said:
bolteh was right about the vest...
it looks too blocky and weird... other than that the hair and face is correct.
i cant draw that well but it looks good in my opinion
Here is lilttle modification of the vest and I resized the deltoids a lil bit only in the front view.As for the side view I'll redraw it like Revitalized Prince said.

Best answers
it still looks blocky.... from the backside it looks more blocky!

anywayz you should try drawing... my attempt was horrible lol...
i mean drawing as getting a pencil and start scribbling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom