Vegeta model (advice and rank plz)

Best answers
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum but not new to ESF game :D It's one of the best games as I am big fan of Dbz;) About 2 years ago I've done some modelling but then I stopped and now I picked it up again. I had an idea to create kinda DBZ short movie and my first model was Vegeta. I think it's one of my best models created so far. I still need to learn texturing, so it may take a while for me to finish. It would be nice if someone could give me a nice texture of vegeta training suit please. Please give comments and advice on the model. thnx.

P.S.: the parts are still not connected with each other so the neck looks kinda strange :D.

Credits:
I created it from scratch myself but I used ESF models as reference pictures. I think the models that I used as a reference was created by Turk. It was the training suit model for the body and SSJ Prince of all Sayans model for head. Sorry if I am not sure with the names but I am new to the forum and still need to get to know you guys ;) correct me someone if I wrong :) thnx.

Attachments

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
nice model... do you plan to add it in esf?
contact me for more help if you do so...

Best answers
thank you very much ;) i tried my best :)
I never really thought about putting it to ESF but it's a great idea, thnx. I still need to finish it but i really like the fact.

What do you think about the proportions of the model is everything ok? like the size of body parts, what do you think?

Do you know what would be the best way for me to get the texture for Vegeta training suit?

Thnx
Paul ;)

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
from the side it looks a bit scaled (fat)
and i think the rest is perfect
i could add it into esf for you when the model is done
and about the texture.... try using 1 color and then a lighter / darker color to create / draw the muscles / bones / lights ;)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It somehow reminds me the original ESF 1.2 Vegeta.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
maybe, but almost every vegeta is similar
SSJ Prince of all Sayans model for head!! thats why it looks ssj-ish
make the hair squished for a normal form and leave this as ssj ;)

Best answers
thanks everyone for good comments. I really appreciate it because it is my first well creted model. so here is the image with final edits that i have done. i made him skinnier and i also attached all parts together. I think ive done with the modelling, now i need to make the uvw map somehow.

could someone please tell me how esf team creates texture? do they use uvw maps and then colour them in photoshop? or is there any alternative way?

i also wanted to ask about grouping in 3ds max. if all my model parts are joined together now to make one model how can i group polygons of each body part so that all body parts would be joined together but i could select each body part seperetly by element. i found one tutorial but it explains that i need to select polygons of the bodypart and then detach them which makes them not in a one model that is why i got confused.

please help me ;) or maybe someone knows a good tutorial for 3ds max which would be really good for learning uvw mapping and creating textures? i would like something similar to esf texturing.

thnx in advance
paul

Attachments

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
well it looks great now ;)
about the uvmaping and separating the model in groups... idk that in 3ds max only in ms3d (Milkshape 3D) and i usualy uvmap it and color it in photoshop when i do textures... i dont do many ^^

Best answers
i done uvw map of all the parts accept all the head. i can't get the mapping right on the face. i tried cylindrical and pelt mapping but still can't get it. i'll try more :)

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Suggestion:
Separate the hair from the head (regroupping)
and try to do the uv mapping then ;)
it should be easy for the face like planar uvmapping... if something like that even exists ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom