Best answers
I have been moddling for about two weeks, this is my best model so far (I did not make the skin I just used the original beta 1 esf skin for vegeta) Now I know there are problems with the connections between pieces of the model, especially with the head. So if you have any tips with connecting these more smoothly then post them. Well there are pictures on my stupid website that I made 5 minutes ago.
The websites at
http://ljdajd.tripod.com/stuff

Best answers
My advice is learn 3dsm, milkshape is a cheap ass program that is really only good for checking progress on skins and compling hl models.. ditch the ms3d and go for 3dsm. thats the only way your truly inpresse unless u wanna model poly by poly,,,

Best answers
Hey give the guy some credit...

He has only used it for about 2 weeks

I bet if he keeps working on it

Milkshape or no milkshape

he will get better..

(i mean crap man! i cant make any thing close to what he did....)

Best answers
you GOTTA make the front of the model 3d, not flat, but sofar so good for 2 weeks in modelling, amazing effort!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Metro-Tek
My advice is learn 3dsm, milkshape is a cheap ass program that is really only good for checking progress on skins and compling hl models.. ditch the ms3d and go for 3dsm. thats the only way your truly inpresse unless u wanna model poly by poly,,,
poly by poly = the only way to model

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not bad but the hair needs work and the face is just...well.....BAHHH :\
but its still not bad

Best answers
Kinda weird to, especialy his hair :shocked: O_O

But for a starter its pretty good

But still...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed... poly by poly..

*runs from screams "get back to animating"*

lol. :D

Best answers
Is modling poly by poly when you put down the vertexes then the faces? If that is true then I am trying to remake vegeta that way

Best answers
the program does not make the modeler...

give him a chance, its not bad for him only starting 2 weeks ago, hes progressed a lot further than a great deal of you could, in such a short space of time

Best answers
ok I have been trying to figure out how modling poly by poly works, I think I am starting to get it but when ever I make new faces there colors alternate between black and grey and its really annoying and it makes it more difficult to see how the model looks, is there any thing that I am doing wrong? and is there anyway to change this?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
if some one says "OMG" "I WANT THIS MODEL NOW" I think I'll shoot my self and give up modeling for the rest of my life..

First I'll give up, then I'll shoot my self..

btw I'm just kidding its a joke.. :p ^_^

some crits: Dont be to heavy on extruding. Hmm pick up some poly by poly modeling tricks? and ur models will look 10X better with half the effort next time.. garenteed or else ur money bacK! ^_^

good luck and good job keep at it ^_^

Originally posted by Metro-Tek
AND HEY!!!! I've been using milkshape and milkshape only for the entier time I've been modeling.... ****? its a good prog if ur not into going industrial... hell I make some pretty impressive **** with milkshape but yet people always put me down cause they dont know that I did make it with milkshape and think that it was made with like 3dsmax... but then most of the time when they find out that I made everything with milkshape there like "HOLY ****" "AND IT CAME OUT THAT GOOD EH?"!!!! ^_^ just say give milkshape a chance my friend.. its not to late for it... its just a little free/cheep! ^_^ still good still good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom