VB C++ Tut (4 a beginer)

Best answers
..i hav been modlin 4 cumming on 3 years now but 4 the past year iv been wonting 2 code :p, i was wondering if n e 1 has a BEGINNERS tut or if n e 1 could make a tut. Just genral stuff like the programs needed, sum code examples and explanation of wot 2 do and stuff :D well if n e 1 could help me i would appreciate it v much and so wood other peeps learnin 2 code :yes:

..Tweek ;)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly, there is no such thing as "VB C++", there is VB (Visual Basic), there is V C++ (Visual C++) and C++.

As for tutorials, my personal opinion: what the heck... if you really want to code the logical way, either learn from someone or read a book on it. HUNDREDS of books are published on C++ and other coding languages and many are award winning. These books are there for a reason. You can go through tutorials as well, but like I said - waste of time. [This was just my opinion.]

Anyway, here is your link for c++ tutorials, it was as hard as this.

*Edit*
Sorry for being harsh there, but I've taught c++ to kids in a school as a summer voluntary work, and I am outrightly against these stupid tutorials. Coding is a matter of acquiring logic and using your own mind to apply maths into logic... not following pre-written tutorials. =\

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the wavelength is a good place for a tutorial if you want to learn how to code a 'mod', but when it comes to learning from tutorials for general c++ learning - I stand by what I said earlier.

Acecool said:
Congratulations on puberty.
Congratulations on spamming. Do it again, and it'll be a warning.

Best answers
..well i started learnin VB at the mo and then HOPEFULLY me bor will b down soon and teach me C++ bu thankz guyz ^_^

..Tweek ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some things in VB are very similar to C++ (atleast what I've seen so far :p), like If statements, and loops, and the general coding process. Get a good understanding of VB, and learning C++ will be less difficult.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude ... you haven't really seen VB-Code or C++ ... these coding-languages are very different ... the differs most in the higher coding languages (my attidude)
if you know one coding language it's less difficult to learn another one ... this doesn't depend on VB and C++
VB is more for starters but you can also do much with it (only Windows) ... you'll see with the next playlisteditor ;)
C++ is a global language which isn't based on an OS; ... you've got almost all rights to edit the system (RAM); ... there're much more possibilities; ... but it's a lil bit different and you've to start is Dos coding (Visual C++ sux);

something else:
If statement in C++:
if (i>0)
{ blah;
}

in VB
If I > 0 then
blah
End If

Loops:
C++:
do
{ blah;
}
while(i>0);

or
while(i>0)
{ blah;
}

in VB
Do
blah
Loop While (I > 0)

or
While (I > 0)
blah
Wend

If you really think they are similar ... you didn't really see other coding languages (Pascal, Delphi, Basic)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, I think he meant the general concept is similar - and it is. You are correct when you tell about the differences in the two languages - but there are genuine similarities in all high-level programming languages. Both VB and C++ have the same type of in-built functions and loops - what you have pointed out is only the syntax difference... and two different languages will obviously have different syntax's.

In any case, let's not deviate from the topic please - the topic was about a member asking for tutorial links and rules are rules - they don't bend even for team members. :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I totaly agree with grOOvy ,
and if you really seek for a diff prog language then compere Assembler and one of those other languages above(VB\C\Pascal...)

about the coding - I didnt knew it is done this way!!!
I know a lil coding in C and VB
instead of a tut please tell me how and where can I code this stuff to make it work in HL!
(or at least tell me where can I find out , pleeeeeeeease?)

..Tweektions blah!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom