Vanguard:Saga of heroes

Best answers
Ok despite my personal feelings i the matter i entered the fileplanet beta for this game, downloaded the game, which was a compressed file of 6.6gig, which uncompressed into a wopping 17gig game, that is the biggest i think iv seen a game.

Starting off they had like 13 or 16 character races, might of been more, ranging from goblins to lesser giants, dwarfs etc, now the gameplay itself is where this game failed in my opinions.

This is what i saw in vanguard when i tried it.

It has the skill gain system of WoW finding your trainer, buying that 1 skill to 2 to 3 for that lvl and going about your buisness, has the combat system of DAoC and even the clunky animations to boot, has the graphics of everquest 2, and the traveling variety of UO.

Now combining all those into 1 game you would figure would make 1 kick ass game, well yeah if it was done correctly, however from what iv played so far they failed so bad. My personal favorite is they actually give you a caravan option to travel long distances while you sleep, wtf, realism is one thing but if i can be a goblin i abandoned realism a long time ago no?

In anycase has anyone else tried this beta? If so what are your opinon's on it, all i see going for it are graphics, it also has the best looking dwarfs iv seen on a mmo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do need a high end system (your system will probably set to medium seriously), they've been in development for four years and the screen shots that you see that look like cut scenes are really in-game. I'm getting the collectors edition.

I got the shirt that I should have ebayed 2 years ago. :0

Best answers
Lol dude no the graphics were mostly set to high, the graphics are almost as good as EQ2, but they don't hit the mark on it nope, i can't run EQ2 in its highest, but vanguard was mostly on high, from the shadows to the spell effects.

I didn't say the graphics were bad, it was the game itsself that was bad, but if you don't believe me get a fileplanet account and test it ur self, who knows u might like it =).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched my dad play it, what I ment on graphics wise is that most people here have ATI / Radeon 9800 pro (unless i'm old school now =S), I can barely play the game on low(15FP) but I talked to my dad about it and what you said, he would probably agree on, graphics are well done but the game-play kinda suck, he didn't tell more because he kinda fell asleep. =\

Best answers
I dun have 9800's i have dual 7900 gtx's 512's.

I need another gig of ram to play eq2, with no problems is my guess =P.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well Mogwai, I'VE not played this yet, and i don't think i will either.

I am just waiting for WAR (Warhammer Online).

Best answers
well Mogwai, I'VE not played this yet, and i don't think i will either.

I am just waiting for WAR (Warhammer Online).

Aye WAR or Conan look to be the new top MMO's imo, everything else seems to just copy what has already been done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom