Vampire Hunter D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone has seen this anime movie. I saw it recently for the first time, and I thought it was awesome, kinda reminded me of something out of Castlevania: SOTN.

Anyways, if you haven't seen it, I would suggest it.

Please post opinions below.

Best answers
hehe, god i loved that movie, great animation, kick ass character development (all except D, which is the way it was intended to be) and a great plot, and plenty of gore for all you gore fans.

I like the new look at at the whole vampire idea, not the typical 100% evil :D and the final fight seen was really cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not bad, not my kind of movie thou, but D was very cool in it. got a jk2 model of him

Best answers
I really liked how he was verymysterious and his background slowly started to be shown, like how he has been around for centuries and was the first dunpeel, and was born from the most powerful of vampires, Dracula

Banned
Banned
Best answers
OF COURSE I'VE SEEN VAMPIRE HUNTER D!!!!!!!

It's only my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE SERIES EVER!

First anime movie I saw.
The animation is pretty crunchy.....but Bloodlust solves all of those problems.
The first VHD movie is compared to the Castlevania series quite heavily....the movie was put out the same year as the first Castlevania game. It has a feel similar to SotN because, in both cases, the main character is the son of Dracula. Both are pale, both wear capes and use swords.

VHD is based off of a novel series in japan..the first movie being based off of the first book and Bloodlust being based off of the third, I believe.
Wonderful series.....great characters.
Nice to know other people know about it! :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure that I saw the same version, from the looks of the animation, it looked quite new. Chimp, is there a newer version? Or is the animation just that good? (I'm guessing I saw a newer version.)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One was done circa 1980's and the other 1999. The second film leans heavy on the conceptual artist for Final Fantasy. If the characters look like they jumped out of your FFVI manual, then that's Bloodlust.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same dude doofus :p

yeah it was a good show too bad they made that god auful psx game... (that game haunts me o_o )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tell me something new doofus ;D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If I'm talking about the same movies then I'm talking about the same guys now arent I.

Doofus. :S

Best answers
Stupidest part of VHD: Hand eats the dirt to get all strong and get back on D.... Kinda odd, but most anime is

Thanks for the smilies

|
\/

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by DUKE
Stupidest part of VHD: Hand eats the dirt to get all strong and get back on D.... Kinda odd, but most anime is

Thanks for the smilies

|
\/
Left Hand does that because his hand is infested with a parasitic lifeform.
It forms more of a symyosis with D.....it gets a place to stay while helping out D.

There are two movies, Vampire Hunter D and Vampire HUnter D: Bloodlust.

If the movie you saw had a vampire named Meier Link, it was Bloodlust.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, then I saw bloodlust. Still, very awesome indeed, I will have to hunt down the original at my nearest Blockbuster (lol)

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I wasn't saying that it WASN'T awesome
I love Bloodlust..one of my favorite movies...

Did you know that Bloodlust was originally done in English?
The director wanted it to be recorded in English first.
It was released with English voices and Japanese subtitles in Japan.....they did a Japanese voice track later on.
That's why they only have the English voice track....because it was done in English first.
They didn't animate it in the traditional way of having the voice actors record their lines then animate the mouths to match the words. They did the mouth movements first, then did the recording.
That's why the mouth movements may still be a little off.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I didn't really notice the mouth movements too much, wasn't watching that cause I thought it was made the usual way (Jap--->Eng), which is legit, considering most anime/anime movies are made that way. That is actually quite interesting to know, thanks for the info, Chimp!

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, most people just assume that they didn't include the Japanese voice track because they're cheap or lazy....
It's because at the time they released the dvd over here, it didn't exist yet! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom