VALVe to Make Wii Games and MMOG?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve, arguably one of the best developers of games with dirty, great big guns, has a keen interest in making a game for kids.

"There's a lot of people at Valve who are parents and would love to make a game for kids," Valve's Doug Lombardi told us recently.

"We all play the Wii a lot and we think that the proper way for Valve to approach the Wii would be to make something cool designed specifically for it." he added, when quizzed on the possibility of Valve venturing away from its usual FPS scene.

"I mean, I'm not making any announcements", he continued, "but there's a lot of desire internally to do something for kids, do something on the Wii."

Valve has also taken a shine to the MMO scene: "Gabe (Valve co-founder, Gabe Newell) is a huge fan of MMO RPGs and he's always wanted to make one," Lombardi said.

"But that's a big risk to venture out on," he points out, so we wouldn't hold our breath on that one.

"I think at some point you'll see us move a little further out of our comfort zone than Portal was, but it's not going to be this year or next." Surprised? Nah, Valve's got enough to be getting on with.

Lombardi discusses Valve's ambitions for Portal 2, how Left 4 Dead aims to evolve the online multiplayer scene, and why it always takes so long to release a game starring Gordon Freeman in the full interview to be published soon.
Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188138

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be all for a valve wii game. Not so much on an mmo, but that's mainly because I hate mmos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They'll probably make it into something casual, I think.

They basically said "many people here are parents and they would want to make a game their kids can play", or rather, that's how I took it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if Valve made an MMO, it would in all likelihood rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom