Valve has "big surprises" coming

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last time they said they had a surprise, it was bringing Portal 2 to the PS3. I'll hold off on getting excited.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Episode 3 & Portal 2.. that's 2, what's the last surprise?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DOTA would probably be one of them.

The last time they said they had a surprise, it was bringing Portal 2 to the PS3. I'll hold off on getting excited.
They didn't exactly mention that the "surprise" would be exciting to everybody. The fact the nobody could have even known valve would start supporting PS3 actually comes of as a pretty good surprise. But yeah i agree, it wasn't all that hot.

Portal 2 is too well know by now so am pretty sure anything related to it wouldn't count. Episode 3 on the other hand, doesn't even matter if everyone is expecting it, the very mention of it after all this time would universally be voted as the GREATEST SURPRISE EVAR!!!

The third has a great possibility of being a new IP, probably unrelated to the HL universe.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve still makes good products. I'm sure it'll be something good. But man are they tightlipped :p Though I'd argue that any info on ep 3 is probably being locked down due to avoiding a repeat of the fiasco that was the HL2 release. At this point I think it's fair to hope that ep3 is going to be a LOT bigger than ep2. I'd also bet we're going to see a massive overhaul of the source engine even beyond portal 2.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal 2 is no longer a surprise.

HL2: Episode Three and more things regarding Half-Life. Maybe a new game engine?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve has said Episode 3 will be longer than Half-Life 2 + Episode 1 combined.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve has said Episode 3 will be longer than Half-Life 2 + Episode 1 combined.
They meant the development time, not actual gameplay.

Source

Doug Lombardi said:
"The next time you play as Gordon will be longer than the distance between [Half-Life 2] to [Episode 1], and [Episode 1] to [Episode 2]," cryptically noted Lombardi. Half-Life 2 was released for the PC in November 2004, with Episode 1 following in June 2006 and Episode 2 debuting alongside The Orange Box in October 2007. Doing the math, that would put Episode 3's release date as far off as 2010.
Not that they actually followed it. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom