Best answers
Nope.... Prolly wont have any Fgd updates until I decide to use the new 3.5..... Which prolly wont happen cause I like the current Version I am using.

Best answers
I like the new one better... And its gonna be the future, so why not update the fgd?

Best answers
mmmh...I dunno know!
Im still mapping with the old version, no idea why I didnt dowload 3.5, but Ill stick with good ol 3.4!
Perhaps it's like that, because it's only a beta and may have bugs...

Best answers
Yeah ok, Then how about doing some coding stuff, so we can use stuff like the Func_train, and so on...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
my advice... try 3.5!
and for the fgd changes... you just need to do some small changes which only affects models in maps... so you can use your edited fgd to build and default fgd to compile.
also, 3.5 isnt much different from 3.4 sice its only a beta build.... but it has some nice new features like sepperated ... erm .. circle thingies for pitch/yaw/roll and some other nice stuff.... gives a very lil taste to hammer v4 ^^

Best answers
Lets say I were to update the fgd...
I would have to tell hars everything that needs to be done and right now I just don't have the time... Also seeing as the last time I saw Hars online was like months ago.... That will change once I graduate on the 12th.. I'll have lots of time after that so maybe in the future it wil happen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I was bored today and instead of studying for my finals (which I probably wouldn't have done anyways) I updated the ESF fgd file for VHE 3.5b...well sorta, there might be some differences with some of the shared entities (Used by HL and ESF) because I made changes to the ESF.fgd before I downloaded the new Half-Life.fgd, so I recommend using them both @ the same time.

Valve Hammer Editor v3.5b
[NEW] Half-Life FGD File
[NEW] ESF FGD File

Best answers
Thx, but how about making it so u could see the tree models? It would be great, and thx again for udating the fgd...

Best answers
why u want to see the tree models soo bad i think it is perfect just the way it is

Best answers
Because not all models have the same size, and sometimes if u place a tree 2 close to wall it looks wierd.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...

Originally posted by goku_2022
why u want to see the tree models soo bad i think it is perfect just the way it is
It's perfect for making clip brushes. Since the env_model entity box doesn't reflect the size of the model it is hard to make a decent clip brush, resulting in either too big of a clip brush (so it is like running into a solid when you arent even close to the model) or too small (you can go through some parts of the model). When you can see the model inside the map editor you can shape the brush perfectly which makes the model seem like a map solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom