VAC + ESF + Linux

Best answers
Hail guys, I got two accounts, one with everything, and other with Half-Life1 and ESF. After a couple of hours I got it working with my Linux Slackware 10.1. Well, its a clean install, I was playing arround, logged-off and when I tried play again in any server the steam said something about I was banned due cheating blablabla, my account status is banned too.

Hell, I so scared about this, I was just playing with CEDEGA (Windows Emulator for games), no cheats, no friends, no brothers, no sisters or someones that could access my account.

The Valve guys are so sympathic!!! I asked their support and I just got no replies, and it have over a month.

Valve is just ridiculous, cant handle a system without cheating and the gamers get f*ck*d. Well, my luck(or Valve`s luck)it wasnt with my HL2 account. ;(

I played fine Half-Life 1 and Counter-Strike source with my other account in Linux, but I cant unstand how I got banned playing ESF. o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either:

1) Someone hacked your account.
2) VAC detected a third party program (Aka a hack).
3) Someone e-mailed Valve physical proof of you cheating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, nitzero, please do not evade the swear filter.
Second, Valve will NOT ban due to e-mail "proof" no matter how good your proof is, what you may think, or may have heard. If someone says "I'm going to e-mail Valve about you and you'll be banned", you may laugh in their face.

If your account was banned it is because you were cheating. There are no false-positives.

Best answers
No way!

I never cheat, I just used the regular HL cheat while playing alone LOL!

My password is very long and confused, that was a short period of time, I dont think it could be a hacker.

Now, I just have my gold account.

I was wondering if its something with the Windows Emulation....

Sorry my english!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you created a server with anti-cheats on it, and then cheated on it... you'll still be banned.

It doesn't matter if it's a wallhack + aimbot or if its "an emulator" as you say. VAC wil detect it and you will be banned, as was your case.

Your account was banned, it won't be unbanned. Might as well just use your other account, and make sure not to cheat on it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
It doesn't matter if it's a wallhack + aimbot or if its "an emulator" as you say.
The "emulator" he's talking about probably isn't what you're thinking. There's "Windows emulators" that you use under Linux to allow you to run Windows-only applications. I don't use Steam under Linux, so I wouldn't know how well they work, but I don't see how using one would make VAC think you're cheating.

I'm sure you can plead some kind of case with Valve if you really want to, but like Pain said, these rulings are usually just and final. They wouldn't ban you without a good reason.

You mention you used "the regular HL cheat" while playing alone? Alone as in a server by yourself, or offline? If the former is true, then you shouldn't be suprised. In fact, you shouldn't be suprised at all, if you really have run cheats before. That's exactly what VAC was designed to stop you from doing.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
The "emulator" he's talking about probably isn't what you're thinking. There's "Windows emulators" that you use under Linux to allow you to run Windows-only applications. I don't use Steam under Linux, so I wouldn't know how well they work, but I don't see how using one would make VAC think you're cheating.

I'm sure you can plead some kind of case with Valve if you really want to, but like Pain said, these rulings are usually just and final. They wouldn't ban you without a good reason.

You mention you used "the regular HL cheat" while playing alone? Alone as in a server by yourself, or offline? If the former is true, then you shouldn't be suprised. In fact, you shouldn't be suprised at all, if you really have run cheats before. That's exactly what VAC was designed to stop you from doing.
Yes, this is the emulator (cedega, wine, winex). I just used those cheats like sv_cheats 1, god, noclip, etc. I DIDNT USE ANY PROGRAM TO CHEAT, I got surprised when steam said about my account was banned due cheating and I have no idea what program is used to cheat. Ive played Half-Life deathmatch without problems, that happened when I was playing with some guys in a ESF server a whole night.

I ll try the Valve forums, Im ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well VAC wont bann you instantly. It can ban with a weeks delay. Since it remembers the ids and bans them after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom