Uzumaki Naruto

G
ooooh! wow man, very secsi. the ceel-shading looks very naruto-style, as if it is drawn by the offical Naruto artists lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you might want to define the pants to show folds where need be. Just use 1px lines and shadow em in a cel-shade style. i can find refs if you need em.

Best answers
Yea, I bought 3ds Max 7 Bible. I like to learn things on my own, but, in this case, I'd like to know what I'm doing rather then guessing and checking. Give me a little time to read up on exactly what I want done at this point as well as the basic, and I'll have a fresh render for you all ;-) I've already read the first 200 pages (hey. I get bored at work.) so I go tthe very very basic **** down (though most of it is common sense, least now i know the proper terms and location :p) So Ill research smoothing groups, basic and advanced rendering tonite.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

This is what we should look for when you do your cel-shading. The model is similar to yours so I decided to use this as a reference.

Best answers
Looking amazing so far. Can't wait to see more updated on the skin!

Best answers
I've been up all nite working. Sheesh. I hate myself for taking any short cuts. Ive been making it completely proffessional, and that may mean going back and completely remapping the skin, which was a huge pain to begin with. I didnt even put in any folds or anything and im thinking i need to remap bad. I need to learn it in 3dmax. Wings disconnects things i dont want it to, making it alot harder. I spose you can see a small preview but kinda pointless at this point since it will be redone :p But gander anywa, self illum.

p.s. some of the lines are thin and dont show up too well far away, but they arent missing. Ill fix that on my second skinning job :p

*thinks of the mad studying ahead*
*shudders*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lower pants and shoes/sandels needs work IMO...

But really nice upper body lol :)

Best answers
The bottom of his pants (the cuff i think?) and his the one on his sleeves seem to large

Best answers
*yawns* its 2 am and im still workin on the model. Truth is this will be one of the few oppurtunities I'll have to work on it. I've been really busy for NEI (14 hours work day to make up for slacked work -__- my eyes were throbbin from staring at the computer that long) I had work yesterday so today is my first free day, but i woke up at about 8 pm so...just now started on it.

I found some messy mesh in the back hair i though ti got to. Im reorganizing it all, which is leading me to re work alot of the hair as a consequence, so iI have some work to do on the model before I can give skinning another whack.

I would love to skin this all myself but mapping is taking me a long time...quick poll, how long is it taking you guys to map you rmodels? This is a high poly, lookin at about 3k (and im releasing this because I had a request to, so you can see that 3k is well deserved, not wasteful) Its taking me long amount of time to map this right. Could just be wings segmenting. I would release as is and let people skin it, or even just map it for me, but I'd like to put this in my porfolio, so I have to do it all myself before I release ^_^

In short , sorry im taking so long. As long as it takes me to map, I doubt I can skin it tonite, even if its cell shading. Hopefully when im more familiar with wings segmenting I can go alot faster.

Best answers
Well i really dont know about wings mapping but i usually take 1hr to 2hr to mapping usually and my models are around 2.5k, but then again i use max

anyway im really loving ur work dude and i hope to see some updates

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hey! Great job! Looks super, dude!
Movento, could you get me some Link ref pics, please?

Best answers
Alright. Im pretty sure Im done with the mesh now and can just map today. Added back pouch, fixed smoothing groups, fixed up the hair alot, most was unnoticable but it makes it alot cleaner imo. Fixed his toes, cuffs, and kunai holder.

Sigh. And now im off to map. *yawns*

heres an unskinned look at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe xD great man! I love your work !

are you going to release the sdk!?

Best answers
Thats like FULLY SIK!! I got one question though, how do you get your materials to look like that in your poly-coloured previous post?

Anyway good luck with mapping xD

Best answers
The mapping.... >.>

That blew. And i still have minor adjustments to make. The detail doesnt show well in this, so i might make thicker lines and such just cuz even though it looks way better close up thin, youd see him far away in game most time anyway :p Skins pretty much useless if its barely visible >.< But anywhere. Herezorz. Donezorz. Need minor adjustments at most, then giving my hand at my first rig. *cracks fingers* This might get ugly.

Best answers
The feet need a lot of work, the toes are way to big and the shoes dont look anything like the shoes in Naruto =o. get some refs.

Best answers
make the shoe cuff a little shorter and that area above his feet. -the padding where it opens up -same with the bottom of the shoe, make that padding a bit smaller too-

Best answers
Sadner said:
The feet need a lot of work, the toes are way to big and the shoes dont look anything like the shoes in Naruto =o. get some refs.
I did use refs, here, make me a secksi draw over :p Pweaze.

Best answers
you shouldn't have asked me to do a drawover. i was too lazy to actually paint =_=..

but it's all about the proportions..mmkay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom