Uzumaki Naruto

Best answers
Word.

Since I -still- cant skin, I took it upon myself to practice ears (as suggested by forum members). I ended up making a really good one. I wanted to use it but didnt know for what. I've been wanting to do naruto for awhile, so I saw an oppurtunity. Difference between this model and my others, is I really did take my time. The stupidest, smallest details, id spend all my time on. Countless hours have been spent in comparison to its progress, but if I have to slow down that much to make it look better, i will. What took me the longest was the hair. It's always the thing I dread. I based it more off the gamecube version of naruto (it differs slightly from what you'd expect in a 3d adaption, in my opinion). To keep flow with it was really hard, it got messy, so fixing that up took the longest part. Well. Thats all you need to know. Enjoy :) I just started the body.

Best answers
wow.. that's actually pretty good imo, but i'm not a modeler, but to me i like it alot.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good, Just follow the ref a bit more, like the hair at the back, and the jacket.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great from the front, but looks like crap from the side, do you have any side refs?

Best answers
Make the lower body fatter and neck thinner. The jackets collar needs to be more bigger as well. Looks good so far though.

Best answers
great improvement,...same crits as everyone else said

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really know anything about modeling, so anything that even remotely resembles the subject is amazing in my book, but I would think his hair would be the hardest part. You seemed to do an excellent job so far. Keep it up.

Best answers
Enix said:
Looks great from the front, but looks like crap from the side, do you have any side refs?
No I don't ><

And jesus. I swear i went through like 40 pages of google images of naruto and couldnt find a good side reference. I'm actually busy today but maybe at nite i can thin out his neck, make his collar bigger, and lengthen the back of his hair. But thanks all, so far this is the best recieving ive gotten so far :)

Edit: I got school in a bit but i did a quick drawover to make sure i got the crits right. Ill check back when i get back from school.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he has no jaw line.... it looks like you gave him geosphere eyes, but then gave them an anime physique, which makes them look completely ****ed. and his lips look weird. its almost like your crossing real physique with anime, and its not coming across very well.
that and your model doesnt match the ref behind it.

JTR

Best answers
Try using these refs:

Credits to vashTS

Remember the side view is a bit perspective.. Makes him look fat..

Hope it helps..

- JTR

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The white scarf thing is supposed to be much larger. Head needs to be thicker, and he looks like he fell on a concrete floor from 30 ft high with his face down.

Best answers
Very usefull. So I doubt you'll see any real progress today, more of me goign back and driving on these crits. Ill post updated by tommoro nite I hope.

he has no jaw line.... it looks like you gave him geosphere eyes, but then gave them an anime physique, which makes them look completely ****ed. and his lips look weird. its almost like your crossing real physique with anime, and its not coming across very well.
No the eye's are done anime style, they were built threw subdivision, not geospheres. And his lips are the exact same style you showed me on your cloud model way back. But yea I do have some real physique with his anime style, being most obvious in the ears, but I've fixed it up a bit but not enough to post yet, I've had a crazy, crazy day. I wanted to work on it all day but couldnt, Ive only recently been able to sit down and get any real work done.

Update:

....yeesh.

That was a hassle. Besides trying to fix the style to full on anime, I went in to organize his hair and follow the nicely provided ref, took FAR longer then I though, I had alot of ugly/disformed spikes in there, specially where it mirrored. I apparently rushed some mirrors without checking for perfect alignment cuz I had a HUGE vertex mess behind his head band. It took the longest, I had non collapsable vertex's but they were messing up everything when i redid the back of his hair. I just did vertex extrusion and called it good last time, i undid it all and did a less cheapo job in there, but damn. That was a real hurdle. Anyway. Here you are! Revamped, I cant go on to the body tonite, been workin hours on it as is.

Best answers
Nice work! Looks great, much better then before! Keep us updated :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea looks super. just 1 thing you should fix on the side view would be to raise the neck up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eeehh nose is a bit too straight compared to the ref. Also what's the count? it looks rather high :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, the nose is accurate. To be honest, this is relatively the most accurate Naruto I've seen on these forums so far. Keep it up, and make sure not to miss up on the body. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom