Uwe Boll Gone Crazy

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure most of you have heard of Uwe Boll, he directed House of the Dead and Bloodrayne just to name a few. Well now he's doing a game to movie for Postal, FarCry and Dungeon Siege. Here is a statement he made regarding the production of Postal:

On June 12, 2006, Uwe Boll issued a press release of an interesting promotion, challenging those who give his films the worst reviews to fight him in a boxing ring. The press release goes:

"Towards the end of the filming of the "Postal" the 5 most outspoken critics will be flown into Vancouver and supplied with hotel rooms. As a guest of Uwe Boll they will be given the chance to be an extra/stand-in in "Postal" and have the opportunity to put on boxing gloves and enter a BOXING RING to fight Uwe Boll. Each critic will have the opportunity to bring down Uwe in a 10 bout match. There will be 5 matches planned over the last two days of the movie. Certain scenes from these boxing matches will become part of the Postal movie. All 5 fights will be televised on the internet and will be covered by international press."

"To be eligible you must be a critic who has posted on the internet or have written in magazines/newspapers at least two extremely negative articles in the year 2005. Critics of 2006 will not be considered." This implies that these negative reviews must follow the theatrical release of BloodRayne.
So, what's everyones opinions on Uwe Boll?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's a bad movie director and is using this as a publicity stunt to make some extra cash for what is sure to be a bad movie.

Best answers
Orrr... He was bluffing all this time, making us believe that he is a sucky director, but infact, he's the masterbrain behind all the Spielberg movies and topseries such as Friends and Lost.. Thus, now he thinks he's safe because the Postal movie will roX0rz j00 b0x0rz

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He doesn't know when to quit?

He "might" ressurect some respect if he can give Postal it's rightful edge, but I doubt it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uwe Boll said:
"Postal will be so politically incorrect and harsh, it's like a mirror to American society, and I don't think the movie will be well received by everybody. For example, Osama Bin Laden will be one of the lead characters—I think that shows the mood of the movie."
I really don't like this guy.

Here's more on the boxing thing:

Wikipedia.org said:
Recently, Boll made a challenge to his critics to "put up or shut up". In June 2006, his production company issued a press release stating that Boll would challenge his five harshest critics each to a 10 round boxing match. To be eligible the critic must have written two extremely negative reviews of Boll, in print or on the Web, in 2005. Footage from the fights will be included in his upcoming film Postal. On June 20, 2006, Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka stated on Somethingawful.com that he has been invited by Boll to be the first contestant. Kyanka has already reviewed Alone in the Dark and claims he will "get his ass kicked."
Then you have the lighter side:

Wikipedia.org said:
When rumors appeared that Uwe Boll expressed interest in a Metal Gear Solid movie, and claimed to have been given a script to read, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima responded in his audioblog HIDECHAN, "Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."[

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
All I can hope for is that the Ref is an old gamer.. Boll is going down and the bell wont ring until he's lost the ability to speak.. and write.. and think.. :\

I mean, every time he starts making a movie I dare to think he might have something. And every time - every time - he kicks me in the crotch! Why?!
What did we, gamers, ever do to him?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he lost one too many games of starcraft...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uwe Boll went crazy? When was he ever sane?

And frankly, boxing prowess has zilch to do with good filming, unless the critics finally knock some sense into him. Honestly, the best thing about Bloodrayne was Kristianna Loken's sex scene...against bars.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I can see it now...

GERMANS GONE WILD

o/

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should have Uwe Boll and Paul W.S. Anderson go at it in this boxing thing just to see who's the more hardcore game fan (sounds like Celebrity Deathmatch).

Apparently though Uwe Boll reads the IMDB forums among many others and has made responses which are pretty stupid to say the least:

Uwe Boll said:
"...guys writing all the Internet bull**** about me and sitting in their houses where mommy pays for everything."
Uwe Boll said:
"Fans are always totally flipping out and I understand that the fan of a video game has his own agenda in his head and has his ideas about what is a good movie and what is a bad movie."
Then he has to go and blame the game developers:

Wikipedia.org said:
Boll criticizes the game companies themselves for providing zero support once the movie license is sold. He compares the cross-promotion and support comic book-based properties adapted for the screen get whereas video game companies often "sell off the licence and then forget about it." He states that this is the reason video game adaptations are not well recieved by critics and audiences.
Imagine if they handed over the development of the Halo movie to Uwe Boll...

KyoKusanagi

K
Anyone know if any MMA guys have talked smack about his ****ty films? Funny to see Bas Rutten vs Uwe Boll :D

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah, heard about this a while ago. Hmmm.....in boxing isn't it legal to "accidentally" kill the other guy?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Whatever it takes to rid the world of Uwe Boll. :p

Best answers
Uwe Boll is the worst thing to happen to video games since EA Games. He needs to die and stop making crappy movies.

If I was a critic... I would bring a knife. Not because I'm a pussy, but because I would want make sure he's dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like dungeon keeper. shame on you. and need for speed II ! ...and bfme...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's going to be funny if all 5 critics beat his ass, further pissing on his career.

Uwe Boll is just a crybaby. This is further proof of the typical n00b gone crazy. "DON'T LIKE MY MOVIES?! LOL UR SO DUMB N00B! I BET U CAN'T BEAT ME IN A FIGHT LOL! COME ON OVER AND FIGHT ME IN A BOXING RING N00B LOL I KICK YOUR ASSES LOLOL!!!"

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it's alright if I revive this thread instead of creating a new one, I apologize if it isn't.

Uwe Boll has 5 critics:

Richard Kyanka - SomethingAweful.com
Chris Alexander - Rue Morgue Magazine
Carlos Palencia Jimenez-Arguello - Cinecutre
Jeff Sneider - Ain't it Cool News
Nelson Chance Minter

Interesting enough:

Wikipedia.org said:
The online gambling site GoldenPalace.com decided to sponsor this event, giving it the name "Raging Boll".
More Information: http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/zap-ragingboll,0,241573.story?coll=zap-movies-headlines

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom