UVW help

Best answers
hey how come when i try to unwrap somthing i could on ly do one part at a time
for example, i unwrap the front of the torso correctly but then when i go to unwrap the back i select all the necessary poly go to uvw mapping modifier, fit, the unwrap uvw modifier, the edit uvw's but still only the front of the torso is there, and yes its all one mesh

Best answers
I'm not positive on this but, do you have your mesh in groups? Are you sure going about UVWing it correctly? Just go see if you missed a step or your not changing things.

Best answers
im not using a tut right now ive tryed they confuse me, and no im not sure im going at it correctly,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try using unwrap uvw, just use that, select the polies you want that are all facing the same direction (ie, all the ones going up the back) hit "planar map" then select the ones facing the front, planar map, adjust to remove distortion, then stitch the seams together. repeat for the arms =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol thats what i do, gotta learn myself how to use the gizmos and **** >_>

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do NOT try to test avas or anything in a thread plz. All you need to do is look at your profile. Don't reply to this apologizing either plz.

-Karrde-

Karrde, your avatar is broken =X ~AxMan

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I assume that your using 3dsm and that you are uv mapping without detaching pieces of the model. What you have to do is map each piece individually and then move it to its own space in the uv unwrap window. IE. you map the foot and move it to the upper left, then unwrap the hand and move it to the upper right, etc. Even though you can't see the other pieces while your doing this it will be important later on. When you get all the individual pieces mapped select all the polys and throw another uv unwrap modifier on the model. Then all the pieces will show up in the uv unwrapper. From here you'll be able to start stitching pieces together and arranging the unwrapped sections of the model for the final map.

Best answers
so masta surfer what ur saying is select one part the throw on a unwrap modifier then select another part and put on ANOTHER unwrap modifier and repeat, then select the every polygon right?

Best answers
ok i unwrapped lan but now i have like ten uvw unwrap modifiers in my stack how so i put everything on the same map

Best answers
no everything is scaled down, but but there all on diferent unwrap modifiers how can i put them together

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom