UV mapping programs...help plz

DMW

Best answers
Does the uvmapping program effect the skin on your model,for example if i use map magician(its free) located here http://www.royriggs.com/mapmagic.html would my skin come out with a lesser quality then say unwrap 3d could produce,or does it all depend on my skills and ability to uvmap and skin?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could prduce 3dsmax quality skimaps within milkshape if you wanted to sit there long enough to do it. so yeah it prettymuch just depends on how good you unwrap it and your skinning abilities.

DMW

Best answers
O ok ill go look up some tuts,feel free to post any if somone knows one already.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you use max you can cheat a little bit, theres a program named uvhelper that will eliminate as much strecthing as it can automatically. sometimes it will scramble your skinmaps though >_> so save often when using the program

DMW

Best answers
I dont use max i use MS3D,i was thinking of a switch though but for now im sticking with ms3d.thx nuttzy for you help and info.ill use map magic for my first uvmap and skin and hope it turns out ok.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ultimate unwrap <_< FTW!

Best answers
yup ultimate unwrap 3d is the best uvmapping prog i know :yes:

DMW

Best answers
I was wondering,would my models wireframe effect my uvmapping/skining?,cuz my rock lee model wireframe is a bit,uhhhh messy.I am gonna tweak it,if it actually matters if not ill leave it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom