Using metamod or something like it to alter esf melee

Best answers
Since it is against forum rules to use old, dead topics and after asking Pain, I decided to open a new topic with just my question in the misc. section :)

What I'm wondering is would it be possible to change the melee system as it is now with something like metamod?

As much as I like 1.2.x I still really don't like the adv melee that was built in and I would love to try and program a way to take it out and rebuild the basic melee with some additional features (if possible) with the limited amount of experience I have in programming.

Going to the point of making an entirely new mod just to fix something which is in another mod is really hard and will take years of testing/programming/reading, not to mention creating models, animations etc. It is also nearly impossible to duplicate a mod up to a certain point since with source codes there are multiple ways of programming things. It is also possible that while programming u can never really have THAT thing u want. Which is something that I do not desire.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As far as i know, it's not really possible with Metamod. But with AMX Mod X how ever, it would be possible. I've seen few months ago in a server that i was unable to use advance melee, just basic melee. But i also noticed it that it was very buggy. (such as it wouldn't hit the person sometimes). Anyway, all you need now is some one that would be willing to create such plugin for you.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_simplemelee 1
(or it could be mp_simplemelee 1)

just a simple cvar is all it is

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
sv_simplemelee 1
(or it could be mp_simplemelee 1)

just a simple cvar is all it is
*shrugs*, i never actually thought about that XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, its much more possible to do it in metamod then AMX mod X, but if I were you, I'd pick AMXX because its afterall "future" ( future mine arse, C# sucks ). You'll do fine. If you need any help, add me on MSN so I can help ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom