using counterstrike source

Retired
Best answers
i don't think you can. i think source is a part of hl2 and esf being a part of hl1 i'm not sure. i would say No

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need half-life 1 to play esf. It's only about 10 or 20 bux for it anyway. No part of hl2 or the hl2 deluxe edition with hl redone on source can not be used for esf.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
You need half-life 1 to play esf. It's only about 10 or 20 bux for it anyway. No part of hl2 or the hl2 deluxe edition with hl redone on source can not be used for esf.
This is correct. You may only use Half-Life. ESF can not run on any side mods like Source. Downloading the image and getting a key doens't work either. I did that and all it did was give me trouble. I went out and bought the last copy of Half-Life were i live. Was about 17 bucks but it came with valves 4 other games. Once you have Half-Life, install it, then go to your steam account and click on browse games. In the bottom left corner you will see a button that asked you to register your games. Put in the cd key that came with the game. Once its done, download esf and start to play. Trust me, it make seem like a hastle to do but it's completely worth it.

I hope this helps you out, and have a fun time playing ESF!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup. Just like everyone else said. Buy Half-Life 1. Simple as that. Can't play it otherwise.

And don't even think about downloading an illegal copy off a warez or shareware site. It won't work.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Question answered.. four times o_O.

Ahem, case closed, game over, zip up your fly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom