Useless Turbo?

Best answers
maybe this is a bit early of me to whine, but the feature where turbo becomes more powerful the longer you charge...just seems like something that will be obsolete and useless among higher levels of play. The second you stop to do that, you get nailed. Does anyone else think this might happen?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...so don't use it? Why are you complaining about optional features?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember not everything's finished and polished. Though TBH, I've used it and gotten away with it when firing off a KHH and Torps. Smacked Phobob a few times earlier today with it :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevermind Kama, he just has some sand in his crotch :p

I guess you can think of it as kaio-ken? It's really useful when you're weak, but as you get more power, you won't really have a use for it. I think it's nifty to jack up your power a bit and shoot off a beam or two though, and it's not like it reduces the usability of turbo since the regular turbo effects are still there if you just tap it. I was afraid of making the time too short and having people jack up their pl *1.75 (or something around there) in 2-3 seconds.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's good for pubs when you want to spam. I mean, I don't know if that's a good thing, but I personally think it's a pretty cool feature regardless.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's good for pubs when you want to spam. I mean, I don't know if that's a good thing, but I personally think it's a pretty cool feature regardless.
It'd be hard to spam since it DOES light you up like a candle.

Best answers
Basic melee DOES launch you pretty damn far away, so I'm wondering if that is enough to compensate. Also, the beams seem to be sped up.

Best answers
The turbo charge is useful in melee too...yes it does take time to do but i know for a fact that in most matches people will have points in which they are far distances away...at least far enough that a swoop teleport swoop teleport won't come close to them...with that said...yea you might not be able to get the full amount but it is the same as using turbo...it is a fine idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom