Used Game Kiosks at Best Buy

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Retailer Best Buy is testing a new automated kiosk this week that will allow customers to sell used videogames and receive store credit in return.

The program, to be tested in Dallas and Austin stores initially, "allow customers to insert their used games into a kiosk that will scan it for functionality, and immediately issue a voucher that is instantly redeemable for a Best Buy gift card," according to Best Buy CMO Barry Judge.

"We'll also be testing the sale of used games in those stores, and some of the kiosks will even rent games and movies," added Judge.

Best Buy previously tested used game kiosks in 2005, but has yet to roll out a nation-wide solution.

Competitor Wal-Mart is currently testing its own used game kiosks. The machines accept used games in return for funds added to a credit card, a process that has drawn criticism due to its lengthy processing time.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59250

As if video game publishers weren't pissed off enough regarding used game sales.

Either way, a used game kiosk sounds interesting.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I wonder how it'll react on pirated / copied games?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if they will buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 for $60 like all other places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom