Best answers
Just wondering if you could get maps from different hl mods and play them in esf straight or do you have to do a conversion on them.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A conversion is needed, without the hullfile the player models are floating. There probably more stuff, but i'm quite sure they have to converted, in order to play them properly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can play any other HL map as long as it contains one Info_Player_Start entity. Improper Hull files might make you spawn in the ground, but you can get out by hitting teleport.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But isn't esf using a scale down for their player models? I think some maps are just too big to play.

Best answers
the models are a lil bit scaled, but it's not that much!
so, I dont think this would be a problem...I even fear that most maps would be too tight, normal HL maps are not ment to be played in ESF!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evil_T@xi said:
the models are a lil bit scaled, but it's not that much!
so, I dont think this would be a problem...I even fear that most maps would be too tight, normal HL maps are not ment to be played in ESF!!!
Duh. :p

The scale-down is larger than you think Taxi. Goku is about the height of Gordon Freeman's kneecap. He looks higher becase he "floats" because of improper collision hulls.

Best answers
U wont be able to play it online cuz theres no evil or good start, deathmatch might be.... yes but i u took a CS map and played it in ESF using deathmatch u would only start at the T spawn...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you fly up closely to things in normal sized maps, you'll see just how small you are.
In cs_office for instance, you look normal sized a few feet away from a computer monitor, but when you fly to it you'll see the screen is about as tall as you are. ^.^
And even if you were going to convert them and compile them with the hull file, they're too closed in for ESF, it's too easy to kill everyone in a room with one blast.

Best answers
I was kinda thinking about makine a conversion of De_rats to esf. Cuz that map is big enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom