USA CITIZENS DONT BUY GAS SEPT 10!!!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It being typed all in caps is one reason to call it stupid.

Another reason is, well, it's stupid.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It won't work, think about all the people that have to drive all those long distances and will need to fill up at the pumps =P.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a retarded idea. If I time it out right Ill end up having to get gas on the 10th anyway.
This protest isnt going to do a damn thing.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
There are more people in the lower and middle classes than in the upper classes. The upper classes might have a lot of money, but the combined wealth of the lower and middle classes far exceed that.
Not so. The top five percent of the richest people own more than half of all the USs wealth.

http://multinationalmonitor.org/mm2003/03may/may03interviewswolff.html

I used to have the charts from my economics class last year, but alas, since I am no longer enrolled I no longer have access to the online notes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here in Croatia a 1 l of gasoline is 4,5 kn, which is around 0.75 USA dollars.
I'm lucky that I'm driving only Gillera motorbike with 150 qubics atm ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CHAIN MAIL IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS?! I MUST OBEY!!111ONE

This sounds like such a good idea, too. I'm sure it'll work. <font size = "1">*rolls eyes*</font>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stupid chain mail trying to capitolize on stupid americans.

Number one this makes no sense. The gas will still be there the next day, and the day before. Filling up my tank on Sept. 9th so I don't buy on Sept. 10th is a moot point.

The only thing stopping hydrogen-based fuel cells from being put into full commercialized use is the fact that there is not yet a container deemed safe enough as well as light enough to be a part of a commercial vehicle's chassis. We can make them lighter, but then one car accident blows up a whole city block more easily. We can make them safer, but then they are too heavy to be driven around easily.

The Kyoto energy treaty specifically looked into this. In fact it urged nations to come together in the name of fuel cell research, among other key topics. Actually, most all of the major nations in the European Union have contributed to this effort in one way or another; America flat-out refused, which was sad since most analysts saw it as

The idea was, of course, never really brought to the attention of the american people. An SUV with 500 miles per gallon? They would have ate it up! Bush quickly and very decisively denied the offer to join in the Kyoto Treaty--which, if I recall correctly, made America one of the only civilized nations on the planet to flat out decline signing. The problem here is that America's science and industry, as well as her allegedly vast purse, was thought to be the key turning point in fuel cell research. Because of the declining to sign the treaty, fuel cell research and implementation remains a slow process...and also, thanks to our doddering "So dumb he's apparently cute" President, it remains an entirely European Union-centered movement--singlehandedly signing this country's once-unbreakable economy's death warrant.

The Kyoto Treaty. Probably one of the most silent failings of the Bush Administration (that, and the missiong Five Trillion dollars within his first year...but shh, no one is supposed to know about all that). It was a treaty which President Bush--as an advocate of fossil fuel companies--immediately and most rudely declined...which is reason number 83748893 why Europeans think Americans are ****heads, and reason number 817389490938289038239020 why this country is el ****ed-o as far as energy resources go.

I'm sorry. I hate this country.

EDIT: Incidentally...I don't know where the forum stands on it...but posting chain letters you get in your horrifically insecure yahoo/aol/msn maildump is probably frowned upon. Just for the record.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Stupid chain mail trying to capitolize on stupid americans.

Number one this makes no sense. The gas will still be there the next day, and the day before. Filling up my tank on Sept. 9th so I don't buy on Sept. 10th is a moot point.

The only thing stopping hydrogen-based fuel cells from being put into full commercialized use is the fact that there is not yet a container deemed safe enough as well as light enough to be a part of a commercial vehicle's chassis. We can make them lighter, but then one car accident blows up a whole city block more easily. We can make them safer, but then they are too heavy to be driven around easily.

The Kyoto energy treaty specifically looked into this. In fact it urged nations to come together in the name of fuel cell research. It was a treaty which President Bush--as an advocate of fossil fuel companies--immediately and most rudely declined...which is reason number 83748893 why Europeans think Americans are ****heads, and reason number 817389490938289038239020 why this country is el ****ed-o as far as energy resources go.
While the reason you stated may or may not be a reason hydrogen cells haven't become mainstream, the main reason is that we haven't found a way to efficiently produce the cells. It costs more energy to create the cells than we get out of them.

The current "best way" to get around this is to use left-over energy from power plants that aren't being used to their fullest capacity. (In many plants, there's no way to lessen the power output, so there's a lot of waste energy to be tapped for other things, like fuel cell production.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Europe already uses them in public transportation, I believe (buses, things like that are large enough to carry the tank successfully, I guess).

Either way there is no need for this gas bull****. We as a country are not even TRYING to find another way. And to be honest, it disgusts me to the bone.

Best answers
I wouldn't go so far as to say we're not trying at all. The Government definatly needs to step up it's work on alternate fuel sources. A bill was just passed recently to use a large sum of money in looking into cleaner fuel sources. Could we do a lot more? Definatly. Should we? Definatly. Are we doing nothing? No.

Everyone can see the Oil business eventually collapsing in on itself, we all know oil is not an infinite source.

The problem is if people really cared about this issue they would speak with their vote. But far too many don't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That bill is more than likely only to find more efficient ways to burn fuel...not to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom