USA CITIZENS DONT BUY GAS SEPT 10!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 3:22 PM
Subject: Don't buy gas..Saturday, Sept 10th!!!

Don't buy gas..Saturday, Sept 10th!!!

PLEASE FORWARD TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE...

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE
OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
COMPANIES.

THEREFORE Sept 10TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY"
AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE A S YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES
THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT
THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD

Best Regards,

Ezra J. Azar

C-Life Group LTD
100 W33rd St. # 1155
New York, NY 10001
tel: (212) 629-6996 x217
fax: (212) 563-5229
[email protected]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno if it counts but me (Germany) wont buy an drop too at that date then.
:p

Best answers
I live in canada, so good luck with not buying gas :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who calculated this? Hell, I feel like buying gas just because that entire email was in caps. I dont even have a car, but Im going to buy gas.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Who calculated this? Hell, I feel like buying gas just because that entire email was in caps. I dont even have a car, but Im going to buy gas.
Agreed. This makes me want to buy gas, just to piss the person who made that off. With almost 300,000 million people in the U.S, you honestly expect not one person to buy gas? Yeah right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
Dunno if it counts but me (Germany) wont buy an drop too at that date then.
:p
lol there´s no use of it buddy :p here in germany its very hardcore prices for us... 1,45€ is our normaly price.. our president want to change it to 1,15€-1,20€ if he will win the competition ;)

um, gl in da Usa with da!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Agreed. This makes me want to buy gas, just to piss the person who made that off. With almost 300,000 million people in the U.S, you honestly expect not one person to buy gas? Yeah right.
Especially since there are many Americans who dont even have access to a computer. How are they going to read an email without having a pc? Farmers will keep buying gas, truckers will keep buying gas. Pretty much anyone that works and needs to travel by car will buy gas. Why? Because we need the money. We cant afford to throw away money.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoever made that article or discovery needs to think further. Sure it might choke the oil companies, though what the article failed to state is that it will cause a large shockwave which will affect everything else; practically the "poster-child" of the Chaos Theory.

Plus, the gas prices are going to go down anyway. I do not see why the gas prices now are any different than what it used to be many years ago. It used to be if your license plate number ended with whatever they choosed, you could only get gas the day they specify.

Gas prices will gradually increase enough to where maybe one day, $7.00 a gallon becomes a new standard for us in the United States. Bread used to be 75 cents, now it is what... $2 for a loaf? (Random Estimate)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, that part about "if your license plate ended with a certain number...." only happened when oil was hard to get here (the 80's i think).

You shouldnt compare rising gas prices to bread. The major difference between the two is the time it took for prices to go up. Our economy is better now that it was 30 or 40 years ago. Thats why bread is more expensive. However, our economy is pretty bad right now, so raising prices by 3 or 4 dollars in the last month doesnt really make sense with your explanation.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back in the day it used to be "alot" when gas was 50¢ a gallon. Not only that. Bread is a renewable resource. We can have bread forever. Once we run out of oil. It's gone. No more. Not for another thousands and thousands of years. Hydrogen ftw.

Best answers
The oil companies just look for excuses to make more money. Easy as that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
lol there´s no use of it buddy :p here in germany its very hardcore prices for us... 1,45€ is our normaly price.. our president want to change it to 1,15€-1,20€ if he will win the competition ;)

um, gl in da Usa with da!

Then i gonna VOTE ofcourse ^-^.
Cause its too much to pay for atm. And i dont feel like paying 40 € and then only get 35 Liters of Normal >_> too expensive ;( ;(

Me makes mine own Oil company and with cheap prizes then im getting Monopol cause all peeps gonna buy gas from me for less money ;( ;/ :] :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hydrogen cant solve all of our problems. As someone stated in another thread, we still need oil to power the machines that would separate hydrogen from water (no, there arent going to be millions of people in labs using electrolysis...that would take WAY too long).

We should start looking for a form of energy that can replace oil. I mean completely replace it. As long as a handful of people control oil, we're at their mercy. Not much we can do about it either.

@clen: Its not always the oil industry's fault. We do, in fact, buy oil from a nation known to sponsor terrorists (and these terrorists come to the U.S and its allies and try to spread...terror). They hate us. They can raise the prices whenever they want, and we cant do jack about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice. The only thing that disappointed me was that Shell is getting involved. I sure do hope the players in the oil game arent going to do the same thing with hydrogen o_O.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
clen said:
I read somewhere that in iceland(i think) that they would drill into the ground(close to magma) and drop water in the hole which got hot and evapurated which went up and made a turbine spin and made hydrogen (don't really remember :p) Ill google it :D
http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/stories/s949324.htm
http://www.worldpress.org/print_article.cfm?article_id=536&dont=yes
Nice, now find a container which can hold hydrogen which isnt 500.000 dollar or aint toxic.

Seriously, hydrogen wont be an real option for until 2050 .

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of what you say, even if every single person in the US didn't buy gas on Sept 10th, you'd still need gas eventually. If the net loss was 4.6 billion, then wouldn't gas prices go... up? To make up for the lost revenues? So guess what, you'd just have to buy gas on Sept 11th, at a higher price than you would have on Sept 10th.

We're too dependent on gas for this to ever work. Besides, the wealthier classes don't even care about the gas prices, because they can afford them. If you can afford a $35,000 watch, and a $150,000 car. You can afford gas prices to go up. So try telling the upper-classes not to buy gas, because you think it's too expensive.

*edit* I just found a link http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/fuelprotest.htm

Best answers
These fuel protests have been going on for years. Not buying gas will have no effect on the cost of OIL. Refineries purchase oil, and convert it into gasoline, by not buying gasoline, the only companies we hurt are American Oil companies, not OPEC as some might think.

Not to mention the United States gets much more oil from Canada, Mexico and South America than the Middle East. If refineries did not purchase oil, the countries that would be hit the hardest would be Canada and Mexico.

If it were this easy, we would have done it a long time ago.

Nice try though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
So try telling the upper-classes not to buy gas, because you think it's too expensive.
There are more people in the lower and middle classes than in the upper classes. The upper classes might have a lot of money, but the combined wealth of the lower and middle classes far exceed that.

Best answers
The prices of gas have not only gone up because of the cost of oil but because of the refinery's that katrina shut down, Bush even has allowed us to tap up to 80 Million barrels from our Strategic Oil Reserve. Not like that matters until we get our refinery's running again anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom