Update needed i am updated!!!

Best answers
I just got esfv1.2.3 and it tells me my half life version is out of date or my esf version is out of date. WTF! I checked using sierra update it says hl is up to date and everything. Does it matter that I'm running it outside steam? I have steam installed but haven't run hl thru steam yet.... It should work though i got the latest run off half life files or whatever its called....Please help i've wanted 2 try this 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Do i then have to reinstall esf in the steam directory or leave it in the sierra directory??

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to be honest I don't know if you can actually install it in your steam folder, but you can download it in steam

Best answers
Don't have broadband i'll have to use my installer that i installed only got a 56k connection. Damn.................

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm well you could try to install it, update it as far as possible and then copy it to the steam folder and let steam fix the folders, then again I that could take a while
( and I can't promise you that will work either )

Best answers
Worth a shot i just got my cous to download and no chance of getting it netime soon

Best answers
Do i have to download hl off steam again with it already installed on my pc??????????

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just coppy it to teh ../steam/steamapps/"your account name"/ foulder

works only if you have HL already registerd with STEAM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really have to, you can copy all of your mods from your old Sierra directory to your Steam directory. It'll show the normal HL menu when you load it, but it should work normally (as long as the WON version is the latest version, but that's not usually the case).

You won't be able to do this with Steam updates and the HL install, but you could have a friend with a broadband connection burn mods and mod updates to a CD for you. I had 56k with one phone line for about three years; I remember how much downloading big files sucked. =/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well all you need to do is get steam , have a valid steam acount register hl1 and then run the hazard course ,Then install esf (it only took me half an hour to dl Half-life off steam over dial up , not that long i guess , but of course it will differ for server locations and what speed people connect at)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom