Update HL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello everyone, I just want to ask, whenever I want to update my normal Half-Life that is NOT in steam it uses WON to update, but I want 1.1.1 or something so that I can play ESF LAN through normal half-life, but my Half-Life isn't updated, so can someone pls help me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WON is dead, you won't be able to update it without Steam.

So the solution, use Steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have steam, but I want to play ESF LAN with the ESF program, not play through steam, because ppl say that you can play ESF LAN through ONLY Half-Life, so can you pls tell me how?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly WON is dead and ESF is made for STEAM. You can also play LAN games with STEAM. Cause WON has loads of bugs and it may even not work.

Anyhow you need HL 1.1.1.0 for WON (as said it probably wont work to good)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
donnierisk said:
But my friends don't have internet and I want to LAN with them, is it possible?
Basicly, no. Its not possible due the fact you have to launch steam once to be able to play in offline mode. And if its your first time, you have to launch Half-Life once as well, then install ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I was about 12 then we went to internet cafe's and played using ONLY Half-Life and ESF, nothing else, all you do is go into Original Half-Life, custom games, then activate ESF and play, I don't know how to do that anymore, it also worked like that on my ESF, but now I have steam, but I really want to play ESF with them.

Oh wait, can't they play through me with the LAN cable connected then they go into steam through me, will that work, becasue i'm going to his house tomorrow, and we'll see if it works, but pls help me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course its possible to create Steam LAN games o_O I play them all the time.

1) Open ESF.
2) Open console, type sv_lan 1
3) Create a server
4) If the server doesn't appear for them, have them add the server by IP (www.whatismyip.com). Then repeat step 2.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well basicly if they have LAN connection to your PC. Than they can use your connection to update STEAM and run it in offline mode. Just make shure all computers have STEAM updated. YOu can do that by forwarding the other PCs to teh internet throo the LAN network.

Read this maby itll help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom