Update #5 - WIP Babidi, Character Selection Screen with Custom Classes, Status Update

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this map was shown a LOONNNNGG time ago.. it ain't close to new D:

G
I'm surprised there hasn't been any comments about the video that John made. What do you guys think of it?
It's really kickass that custom models get added as new characters now, rather than the model changing layers from before.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the map is too nice grega,really great.about the custom model is nice,really better than the old selection.now we will have more characters.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why the team doesnt add something about the new screen and steam color.olny a new potw.again jonh thanks for make the custom model selection!!!:p:p:p:p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
p.s.: did anyone notice that its kinda paradox to have an open beta for the 1.3 beta (that is, if the 1.3 is still considered beta, like 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2)?
Actually there was a discussion about that.

The idea was to name the open beta final ESF 1.3 and then have the finished one 1.4 or somethig like that.

But we came to the conclusion that our beloved comunity would ***** to much about to many bugs in the game since everyone is kinda used to having a more complete ESF releases. So we scraped that idea and went with "open beta Final" instead ^^

Best answers
Beginning of a nice map. Is there going to be Dabura's Chamber on the bottom floor or was it officially Buu's egg in the series?? How r you going to simulate (if at all) the changing of maps like when Vegeta fought Pui Pui, Goku fought Yakon and Gohan Dabura?? Tough...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dosnt look like babidi to me D:
I told you im only finishing what CS started.

For this map i basically had to make the textures into a wad file and finish up some of the chaimbers. Terrain was preety much done by Cold Steel.

Best answers
hey. really nice map.. these textures are awesome and fit the high quality of the skybox and the water!
Are you going to change the textures from the other maps???

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably not.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah can't wait for full process :D going to be awsome

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you going to change the textures from the other maps???
Who would do such dum thing? I think they will only add those awesome textures for new maps.

Best answers
this isnt a dum thing to do.. just look at the high quality skybox and the water with PS adn then look to the terrain. theres a lot of difference in terms of quality.
and, i dont know exactly, but i think that isnt that hard to change the texture. you just have to re-draw.. it must be like as reskin a model. i think! :p

its just my opinion, thought.

sorry for my english.

sucess :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this isnt a dum thing to do.. just look at the high quality skybox and the water with PS adn then look to the terrain. theres a lot of difference in terms of quality.
and, i dont know exactly, but i think that isnt that hard to change the texture. you just have to re-draw.. it must be like as reskin a model. i think! :p

its just my opinion, thought.

sorry for my english.

sucess :)
Im afraid its not that simple.

Basically the max map texture size is 512x512 so we use a 4x4 grid of such textures scaled up by 4. Now if we make higher quality we can simply make a grid of 16x16 of unscaled 512x512 textures. But in the end weed use up 256 textures for just the basic map ground. This would allso mean that the starting brush number of the map wouldnt be 16, but 256. And the end result would make the map use up a lot more resources than the current maps. Not to mention we would have to make wad files with 256 textures for just the ground. And that would take ages and it would seriously increase map size.

Best answers
Seriously, who needs sharper/better/greater landscape texs anyway? The only time Im ever close enough to the ground to notice the texs are not that good is when Im smashed there (which doesnt happen that often :cool:). Hardly any battle is fought on the ground - they are fought in the sky and if u people are honest, in the heat of the battle u just dont have enough time to watch the ground textures, do u...:rolleyes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, to be honest, when I was working on the map, I was far from happy with how it turned out. I was going to redo it, but for my own reasons I stopped mapping. So feel free to overhaul it as you like, Grega. Still, thanks for giving me some credit. You've always been a nice guy.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must've been an amazing mapper. It's a shame that you decided to stop, but oh well. Hopefully you'll start again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom