Unwanted suicides

Best answers
When your standing on the ground and you charge an attack over 75%, the attack blows up in your face(beams anyway).

The same goes for hugging the wall/skybox.

I think it has something to do with attacks increasing in size up to a point where they would hit the ground/wall/skybox the instant you release them,
you guys should look into this one, cause this bug really isnt very neat. :p

Could you ESF guys fix this? :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok ... as I remember it's already suggested/ reported ...
but .... not important ...

OK ... you're right Eekhoorn
if you charge a big beam and you're near a wall it'll explode at once ... (be sure that you don't aim into the wall :) )
This is because the beam is big and it touches this wall ... and if a beam touch a wall it'll explode ...

if you're standing on he ground jump before shooting :)
if you stand near a wall make a step forward and jump ... you can see this if you third person view changes (becomes a first person view)
the skyboxes ... this is the same like walls ... but this will be changed in the next version (skyboxes in the (most) maps)

the coders can't do anything against it ... you've to live with it ... sorry ...

good luck .. cya

Best answers
ofcourse it doesnt happen to me anymore, but still it is a nasty bug.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait for the next version ... there's a surprise ... not what you're thinking now ... but ... you'll see then ;)

Best answers
When I shoot down I hurt myself most of the time...

I'll be happy if you'll be able to fix that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Moshe Kipod Ham
When I shoot down I hurt myself most of the time...
shoot down ??? heh ???

if you mean you're standing on the ground and shoot down ... you can be sure that you'll becom hruted by the explosion (no reason for changing)

if you mean you're flying and shoot down ...
maybe the detonation is so big that you hurt yourself, too ... I don't see any reasons for changing

If I was wrong, tell me, what you meant

Best answers
I've seen some special levels that has some slight modifications on it.
When somebody is walking on the terrain, the guy lifts off from the ground about few square units.
dbz_capsule is the name of the level, when I shoot something, it doesn't explode in my face.
It looks very weird, but it might remove the annoying bug.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Prince
sorry to go off topic but dang nretep, you should try to fix that scrolling text in your sig. its huge:shocked:
damn ... sorry ... why are you looking now ???
i took about 20 mins to create is so as it is now ;) I tested it all the time
I think 1 line isn't too big for a sig ;)

Please don't continue to spam now (everyone)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes thats better :)

Originally posted by GoldSaiyan
I've seen some special levels that has some slight modifications on it.
When somebody is walking on the terrain, the guy lifts off from the ground about few square units.
dbz_capsule is the name of the level, when I shoot something, it doesn't explode in my face.
It looks very weird, but it might remove the annoying bug.
that maps wasnt motified so the explosions dont blow up in you face. it like that because the map the the current esf models arent scaled the right way. that map was made for the alpha version, but its still ok to play on. if you dont mind not touching the ground.

Best answers
the coders can't do anything against it ... you've to live with it ... sorry ...
wouldnt this work? make the gound ur standing on have like a several inches that ur feet clip through. so the ground is actually below what ur seeing. then raise an invisble surface to make it to where it looks like ur standing on the ground ur lookin at. or pretty much, take that map where ur standing like a foot above ground and make the surface that u see rise to where ur feet actaully are but dont make that surface solid. now this has got to be doable. the half-life isnt THAT limited.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's senseless to report a modelbug from a non-esf model

or a map-bug from a non-esf map

or anything else with isn't from ESF

the team can fix it, if it's from them ... but not fan-mades

cya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom