Unreal Tournament 3 Demo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not gonna bother. Already know I cannot taste the sweet fruits of their labor. I cannot handle it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can play that poo on full settings but it kinda looks disapointing after playing CoD4 and Crysis :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This will be fun once they get some of the bugs worked out. Like lag. Lag was ****ing huge. The game was running very smoothly, but everybody in it wasn't. It's only a beta though...

Unreal Engine 3 bugs me though. Why would any modern engine NOT SUPPORT ANTIALIASING! The lighting and textures look brilliant, but the first thing that jumped out at me was the jaggedness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My computer is not strong enough to run such software.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, my video card isn't cut out for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You never know man XD.

I just installed it and cranked the settings to max but kept the resolution low as always (1024x768 -- hi-res hurts my eyes :( ), and I still got 50-60 fps, it never really dropped lower than 54. When I took the res up a notch (1152x864) I only noticed a slight fps drop still didn't go any lower than 45.

My system isn't exactly top of the line either:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (2.2ghz), 1gb of DDR 4200 RAM, and an XFX Geforce 8600GT

Here are a few screens from the first map I played:

screen1
screen2
screen3

widescreen shot (1680x1050)

I can't wait for the full version.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unreal Engine 3 bugs me though. Why would any modern engine NOT SUPPORT ANTIALIASING! The lighting and textures look brilliant, but the first thing that jumped out at me was the jaggedness.
So force it through your driver settings. What's the big deal? o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My computer is not strong enough to run such software.

IGN said:
"Midway and Epic Games have released the system requirements for Unreal Tournament III.

According to an announcement made today, the multiplayer first-person shooter will run best on a machine with a 2.4+ GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of system RAM, an NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ video card and 8 GB of hard drive space, running Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista.

Minimum system requirements for the game are a 2.0+ GHz single-core processor, 512 MB of system RAM, NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ video card and 8 GB of hard drive space."

demo rocks btw, i'll be seeing you all online when the full game is out o/

should also be pointed out, that the maximum settings in the beta, are only half the full game settings. so you could probably expect to have AA, and AAF in there for the full release. i haven't actually noticed it too much, then again i am sitting at the back of my living room playing it at 1920*1080 on a 37" screen :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So force it through your driver settings. What's the big deal? o_O
/facepalm

Seriously, the didn't work with BioShock. I tried for hours to get AA to work in BioShock, and in two seconds had it running in UT3. Anyway, well I'm happy now.

I've been playing some offline games, and it's actually better playing bots than it is playing lagged to **** humans.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's about time they brought back the Impact Hammer and Enforcer, though I don't like how they changed the Enforcer's secondary fire to shoot bursts. However, I'm not too happy they haven't brought back the Ripper nor the Chainsaw.

Best answers
While an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT ain't the best of the best, it most certainly is not a crappy card. I can run Bioshock just fine at 25-30ish FPS with all settings max'd, HL2 runs at about 80-90ish FPS. It's no competition for Windows PC's of course, but it doesn't suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT ain't the best of the best, it most certainly is not a crappy card. I can run Bioshock just fine at 25-30ish FPS with all settings max'd, HL2 runs at about 80-90ish FPS. It's no competition for Windows PC's of course, but it doesn't suck.
Just that you can't get a high end card with those computers is what bugs me. It's a better OS, so if I could play games on it and price weren't an object I would have a Mac now, and not this Windows box.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demo looks fugly to me, even on high settings. I don't like the lighting and colors they use... and I thought UT 2003 was awesome, but this feels like Quake 3 with new skins. Perhaps I am too negative, but I've been here and done this all before a thousand times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom